Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In partner determination for customer master, the partner functions are assigned to partner procedure. The partner procedure in turn is assigned to account group.

Now again in the next config step, the partner functions are also assigned to account group... why this step is requires since in the above step the partner functions are assigned to partner procedure and partner procedure in turn to account group and so the partner functions are assigned to account group ...and so why there is a need to assign partner functions to account group in a separate step ...

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu

I have once explained this question to other forum member ,which may be useful for you also.

Hi

Let us consider an existing Partner Determination procedure in standard SAP.

The Partner Determination Procedure (e.g, ABCD) can contain multiple "Partner Functions". Suppose there are 100 numbers of Partner Functions in the Procedure.

We assign "Partner determination Procedure" to the "Account Group", so that , the assigned Procedure will be applicable for the Customer master data created under that Account group.

Suppose, Partner determination Procedure "ABCD" has been assigned to Account Group "XYZ".

Now, any Customer created under Account Group "XYZ", the Procedure "ABCD" will be applicable for them. Right?

We have already discussed , the Procedure "ABCD" contains 100 different "Partner Functions".

Out of these 100 Partner Functions, only those Partner Functions, which are permitted by the Account Group "XYZ" , they can only be entered in the Sales area data > Partner Function tab of the Customer master data.

Suppose, only 6 Partner functions (out of 100 no) are assigned to Account Group "XYZ".

So these 6 Partner Functions are permitted by the said Account Group "XYZ" and these 6 Partner Functions can only be entered in the Customer master data.

So, to summerise it, if you want to enter a Partner Function in the Customer master, then

- First, that Partner Function must be available in the Procedure which applicable, and

- Second, that Partner Function also must have been permitted (assigned) by the Account Group .

I hope, it is clarified.

Regards

Pradyumna

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply. i read your answer but then why we need to have 100 partner functions in partner procedure . we can have six partner functions in the partner procedure ????

regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just took the example of one standard Partner determination procedure already available in standard system.

You can create your own Partner determination procedure for Customer master.

Assign the Partner Functions that you want to your new Procedure.

Suppose, you have added 10 Partner Functions in your new Procedure.

Again,suppose, you have assigned this new Procedure to Account Group "xyz".

Now, if you create a Customer master under this Account Group , system can not find/accept any Partner Function as no Partner Function is allowed by the Account Group "XYZ".

Allowed means, no Partner Function has been assigned to the Account Group.

If you assign all the 10 Partner Functions to the Account group, then in the Customer master, you can enter all those 10 Partner Functions.

If out of the 10 Partner Functions, you have assigned only 4, then those four Partner Functions can only be entered in the Customer master.

Again, I may assign the same Procedure to some other Account Group "PQR", where out this 10 Partner Functions , 8 will be required.

Then, with the Account Group "PQR", I will assign those 8 Partner Functions which are required.

In simple language, let's say, there is Placement Consultancy who have 50 SD Consulatnts and there is a requirement of IBM for SD Consultants with 3 years of experience.

Suppose, the Consultancy has send 10 profiles matching to the requirement.

IBM will allow only those candidates for interview, whom they may think suitable for there specific requirement and not the all 10 candidates.

The same Consultancy may send 15 profile to Accenture for a new requirement.

Similarly, Accenture will call for interview, may be only 5 candidate out of 15,whom they will think suitable.

Here, you may consider, the Consultancy as the "Procedure" and IBM and Accenture as "Account Group", the candidates as "Partner Functions".

That means, you may store several "Partner Functions" in the Procedure.

But,

when you will create the Customer master, system will accept only those Partner Functions which are allowed (assigned) by the respective Account Group.

I hope, now the issue is clear.

Regards

Pradyumna

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

We need to assign partner determination procedure to the account grop of the customer master because , customer master field settings are decided by account group definition.Go to "OBD2" and check this. There you specify the partner usage is mandatory or optional.We create the necessary partner functions and assign them to determination procedure in which we specify whether the partner functions (SP/SH/BP/PY/CR etc..) Are mandatory /not changeable. Based on this partner determination procedure only system comes to know which partner functions are to be present and which are optional and which are not allowed/defined. By assigining this procedure to account group ,system knows that the customers who belong to this particular account group should have this mandatory function(EX:SP), Partner function can not be changed or whether the partner function is allowed for this account group or not. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 ) you did not understand my question.... it is true that partner functions are assigned to partner procedure and procedure then assigned to account group.......> there are config steps for this

but then there is another config step in which partner functions are assigned to account group..... why there is a need to do this since partner functions are already assigned to partner procedure and procedure to account group and so indirectly partner functions are assined to account group in the above step 1..........>so why there is another config step of assigning partner functions to account group..

regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

This is to determine which all partner functions can be used by the account group, In some places you want to restrict your partner function in the account group level so that even by mistake the end user or the core user does not create a customer with a wrong partner function.

Regards,

Sudhir