Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

When we press F1 help for any screen field, and then press technical info button, it gives the corresponding name of structure containing that field and not the name of table.. so can any body plz tell me why is it so??

why in SAP everywhenre structures are used instead of tables and if we want to know the name of tables of screen fields then either we need to use table dd03l or data browser and we can not get it from technical infromation of that field??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

You don't get the table name there because it is quite possible that the same field is there in some other tables also.

So, which table SAP will specify there, that's why they give the structure name.

<b>Please mark helpful answer.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Message was edited by: Amit Mishra

7 REPLIES 7

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

You don't get the table name there because it is quite possible that the same field is there in some other tables also.

So, which table SAP will specify there, that's why they give the structure name.

<b>Please mark helpful answer.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Message was edited by: Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

The reason for that being that SAP has used the structure fields on the screen and NOT the table fields.

One reason I could think of is that as these database tables / fields will be affected from multiple screens and if you use the table fields on the screen, one change in the table, will affect so many transaction which might not be required and the functionality might be affected. That is why you usually find one structure for one program / transaction being used.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

sometmes u can get the tablename as follows

press F4 on that fields , and on that field press F1 , then u can get the tablename from the technical info

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u need to use the SQL Trace(transaction ST05) for finding out the name of the table....

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Send me ur email address, I will send u useful pdf file.

regards

vinod

0 Kudos

hi vinod,

send it to me also hakimred@yahoo.com

Thanks....

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks to all for giving replies

Vinod, my mail id is itsmerashmi7@yahoo.com, u plz drop in , the related document

Thanks