cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are not going out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, My SCOT is configured properly and it was working fine earlier. I didn't make any changes in the system.

But now emails are not going out of SAP system. Its giving following error

Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not

known. 504 504 Authenticate first (#5.5.0)##

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means, that the server you configured in SCOT needs authentication.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me in detail which authentications are required?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you please tell me in detail which authentications are required?

It's not a SAP problem, the server you entered as outgoing server (the mail relay) needs authentication to send mails. This is not supported.

You have to reconfigure your mail relay so that it allows anonymous connections from your SAP system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

how do i configure mail relay, can u tell me.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of email server do you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have web mail server,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know webmail server but some smtp relay restrict the authentication by ip address.

If you don't changed anything in your system, ask to the webmail server adminitrator, maybe him perform something change.

And check if you have you sap server with dchp option maybe the ip address has bee changed .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server administrator did not any changes.

and sap server has same password which i am earlier using,

but some time mail goes ok and some time mails does not go at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

in scot transaction you can check if the problems is in your smtp sever or maybe somebody put a wrong email address.

go to menu utilities and click on overview of send orders and check the status.

Also you can check the job and the execute period of this job.

Find the job and check the user of this job with sm37, maybe the user don't have the appropriate permissions to execute this job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked all these thing it seems every thing is ok, checked status also.

error is Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not known. 504 504 Authenticate first (#5.5.0)##

but that is strange some time mail goes ok and some time mail does not go at all.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say that some emails can goes and some email not, could you please tell me what kind of emails you can send?

I mean internals email and external emails.

For external emails you need to configure the smtp to accept email from sap sever (ip address of your sap server).

Ask for this to email server administrator.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am saying some time all mail goes ok and some time mails doesnot go at all.

we have external - internet means it goes to our outlook as well as our gmail also.

SMTP IS alredy configured.

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am saying some time all mail goes ok and some time mails doesnot go at all.

> we have external - internet means it goes to our outlook as well as our gmail also.

> SMTP IS alredy configured.

Your mailserver is sometimes requesting authentication and sometimes not. The reason for that can't be found in the SAP system but in the mailserver since that is requesting the authentication.

"Webmail" is the application on top but that is not the system sending and receiving the mail.

The SAP system is out of scope here. I'd check the mail server logs why it is requesting authentication sometimes and sometimes not.

Markus