cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to BW scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to make a scenario that pushes data from Xi to BW. I have found one PDF that includes all the steps. My question is before following these steps do we need to make some changes in our SLD or what are the prerequisites to onfigure such a scenario as the same is not very clear in the PDF.

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iyangar,

It is like integrating with another SAP system. You need to do SLD settings like techincal and business systesm, RFC destination etc.

Also it depends upon the kind of integration with BW. If you are sending data via proxy then you need to do the settings mentioned in this blog:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

If you are sending through RFC then please see this document:

http://sap technical.com/Tutorials/XI/BI/page1.htm (There is no space between sap and technical. Here if i put it is not allowing me to do, so remove space and put as one word sap and technical)

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note the steps below:

Step 1.Logon to the BI server and type transaction code SM59, then go to HTTP to R/3 Connections and check the RFC Destination for XI system and test the connection .It should give status: ok.

Step 2.Goto Transaction RZ70 and give the host and system gateway id and exexcute the transaction, so that it will automatically create the Technical System for BW system in SLD.

Step 3.Define Business System for BW System in SLD and assign it to above defined Technical system. So, now we have Receiver system for the target.

Now we are ready for the configuration in Repository and Builder

Define the namespace in a software component version and save it.

Integration Repository

Step 1.Create Source Data structure which is termed as Data Type in XI.

Step 2. Create Target Data Structure

Here in order to simply the scenario we have taken same structure as target structure so message mapping is one to one.

Step 3. Create Message Types

Step 4. Create Sender Message Interface

This message Interface is Outbound Asynchronous

Step 5. Create Receiver Message Interface (Inbound Asynchronous)

Step 6. Create Message Mapping between Sender structure and Receiver Structure

Step 7. Create Interface Mapping to call the message mapping at runtime

Now, Integration Repository part has been finished.

Do Configuraion in ID.

REgards,

Anurag garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additions to what Pavan has given in the above mail, you also need to create the RFC destinationations between both the systems and also configure partner profiles in case any Idocs distribution takes place.

Reg,

NJ

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinthra,

-->You need to configure your settings from the scratch onwards.

-->Your target system is an SAP system so you need to create the Technical system and Business system as WEB AS ABAP.

-->To establsih communication with the BW system we need to configure ALE settings between BW and XI system.

Thanks