Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFFOUS_C requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a requirement where the customer needs a cheque to be printed not through the standard SAP program RFF0US_C program but a file ( of a particular format ) to be produced with cheque details and remittance details . This file will be sent to a 3rd party s/w where the actual cheque printing will be done . How can this be achieved .

What I feel is that I need to copy the RFFOUS_C program into a z program . Remove the cheque printing portions and replace it with a file write functionality . Is this right ? Is there any other method ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radha,

Can u not just write a Z program and add in F110 parameter if u are just looking for information to be transferd to the the 3rd party sw?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it that you are going just the information to be written on the check into the file. If yes, then you can do it from sone user exit of the transaction, so that you don't have to configure message determination.

However, if you want to track the messages, you can go by the way you have described by copying the program.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar ,

Thanks for the reply . The file is a combination of information usually in the file ( payee details , amounts , line item details , date etc ) but in a format which can be understood by a third party software which will actually print the cheque .

option 1. - can use some user exit . which one to use ?

option 2. - copy the program into a z program .

Why would you need message determination ?

Regards,

Radha

0 Kudos

Radha,

I was assuming that this is a part of the transaction that creates the invoices for the vendors and immediately also prints the check. If that is not the case, then message determination is ruled out.

The second assumption that I made was that this was a transaction and there might be some user exits existing. I just looked at this and its a report, so there are not too many options than,

1. Copy the program to a Z Program

2. Write a new program, if you know what needs to be fetched from where, other wise figuring the same from the standard program might be difficult. (I have not looked into the coding of the standard program)

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radha,

Can u not just write a Z program and add in F110 parameter if u are just looking for information to be transferd to the the 3rd party sw?

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

The program RFFOUS_C might already has the code for extracting all the info and moving it into a program field group daten , in which case I do not need to code it again . That was the reason . Maybe if I knew all the info I could recode the extraction .

I gather that tables REGUH & REGUP hold most of the info . What kind of info is in REGUH and in REGUP .

The info in the file is

1. Header info - Total number of cheques , total cheque amount

2. Cheque Payment details - company id , amt,

bank acct id , payee id , payee name , address info , correspondence address , number of remittance lines associated with the data record , currency etc

3. Remittance info - individual line items of the remittance .

Do you have an idea of how these can be extracted ? Can they al be obtained from REGUH & REGUP

Regards,

Radha

0 Kudos

Hi Radha

I was having the same requirement in one of my project. and i downloaded all the data to file instead of sending to printer.

I made the Z program. Yes you will find all the details in REGUH and REGUP.

If you need i can send you the code.

Best Regards

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

I am looking for the same solution to download the information but they are not sure (yet) if the information should also be send to printer.

Anyway, if it could be possible, I would appreciate to see your solution ... could you send a copy for me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radha,

If you are using transaction F110 for cheque printing then I think you do not need to write another z program.

In maintained variant section ( TC: F110) you will find the option of downloading (Creating TemSe object). You can download this TemSe object on presentation server.

Let me know this solves your problem.

Cheers,

Nilesh

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep everything same like printing on printer, but setting RDI output mode to X in SE71 -> attributes -> miscellaneous for the sapscript will generate flat file like output, send it to printer with device type ASCIIPRI, ask your basis folks to write the output to files. To reduce the amount of data in the file, remove all unnecessary fields from the sapscript.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

I think you should make use of Business Transaction Event 2040 [ not sure about the number but just check ].

Search SAP OSS for "Business Transaction Event 2040".

This is actually for sending mails for payment advices but you can use it to download the data on application server.

Also you should code it in a update task FM....and then call you code from BTE..

Cheers,

Ram

0 Kudos

There is another program for downloading the check data. Look at the documentation for program RFFOUS_T. It generates a file in the standard ACH format. This is usually the standard format that check processing companies need.

If you need a custom format, I would not clone any of the programs. You can generate the data with the standard program, then use a Z program to open the file, re-format, and create a new file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of modifying automatic payment run gengerated file with some additional invoice field. Is there any config setting for this or any suitable user exit or BTE. There are some BTEs but not sure which one can be used OR how this can be done. Is there any possibility of doing this with just config. Thanks in advance.