Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message with Multiple IDoc's to be sent to Two FTP locations

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

I need your valuable suggestions for the best approach....

Scenario is IDOC > PI>FILE

All the Orders's(Orders05) created in SAP for every hour, IDOC's are collected and then a scheduled program sends all these idoc's every hour ... In PI i am using IDOC packaging so all the idocs comes as one message like the below...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ORDERS05>

+<IDOC>

+<IDOC>

+<IDOC>

</ORDERS05>

Now in PI based on the plant condition in each idoc, the idoc data should be sent in one file for two FTP servers...

out of 50 idocs 30 belongs to FTP1 and 20 belongs to FTP2...

This is going as required... in SXM_MONITOR .. Two messages created (one for FTP1 and one For FTP2)

But if 50 belongs to FTP1 , then also in SXI_MONITOR two messages being created...

this is bcz of two mappings and 2 IM's..

I cannot use the condition in Receiver/Interace determination, as the source has Multipe IDOC's...

So please suggest if there is any other way where if i can restict the second message in being processed if no data comes from SAP for that FTP...

Please suggest ....

Regards,

sridhar

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Aug 6, 2009 11:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try message splitting. I mean in that case you will have only on mapping program. While mapping, in message tab u need to specify 2 target messages. One for FTP1 and another for FRP2. Keep the occurrence of each as 0 to n. While mapping create the <message1> and <message2> based on the condition. I think this will solve your problem.

Shweta.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thanks ....

Yes 1:n mapping can be done, but the structures are very lenghty ... and it will be very difficult to maintiain it ... May be i need to go with the same way... or else Java or Abap Mapping....

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two messages will be generating

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

You can achive this using extended receiver determination. In UDF using count direct first 30 to 1st BusinessSystem(ftp) and remaining 20 to 2nd Business System(FTP2).

You can take help from the following blog:

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u have the root node of the target structures 0...Unb and use the consdition in themessage mapping, if all the 50 IDocs is for FTP1 message type then FTP2 MT is not going to be created