cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In the current scenario I am working, is a IDOC to IDOC. I am sending 4 IDOCs ( IDOC1IDOC2 IDOC3 IDOC4 ) to XI and in return I'm getting two more Idocs ( IDOC5 IDOC6 ) to the R/3 system from the XI server. Currently they have downloaded the IDOC structure in some means and they want me to use that downloaded file in the scenario I'm creating.

Can anyone suggest me how to use the downloaded files in the scenario ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Currently they have downloaded the IDOC structure in some means and they want me to use that downloaded file in the 
scenario I'm creating.

The IDOC would have been imported in the Imported Objects section of the corresponding SWCV in IR.

Use this to develop your Mapping, Message Interface (directly include the IDOC as message type in the Message Interface).

I hope my answer was relevant to your requirement!

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I guess your answer is nearly the same what I expect. Can you please describe it in brief ?

Regards,

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you need to create any interface based on RFC/ IDOC you first need to import the RFC/ IDOC into the relevant SWCV in IR, from the corresponding SAP ECC system. I think this part is already done for you since you mentioned it in the first post.

You can verify this by Opening the Imported Objects tab in your SWCV....if the IDOC is imported then it will be present there.....1 for source and 1 for target....

Now using these IDOCs you can create the Outbound and Inbound Message Interface......no need to create any Message Type.

Directly include the IDOC in the corresponding Message Interface.

Depending on your requirement develop a Mapping program by direclty using these IDOCs as source/ target.

Nothing special to be donee in ID as we use Message Interfaces.....

Just make sure that the steps mentioned in the below wiki are followed so that you get the IDOC message from the SAP system when you test the scenario: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

-->While dealing with Idoc scenarios first of all you need to import your idoc structure in to your IR using the Import Objects and in that select idoc right click on idoc and import your idoc structure from R/3.

-->While importing it will ask the log on credentials and sever details and system number provide the correct details so that it will connect to the R/3 system and you can import your required idoc structure.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks abhisheck for all your replies, can you please refer some links for some blogs or some documents where I can see an end to end scenario for send idoc to XI server from R/3 and sending idoc from XI server to R/3.

Thanks All.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make a search on SDN with the keywords "IDOC to IDOC" and you will get lot of blogs, links......to know indepth about inbound IDOC processing you can refer this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb9bb2b2660&overrid...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u mean for the inbound interface (IDoc5, 6) you have to use the external system's downloaded file as the source structure. BTW is the sysnc or 2 asynch scenario