cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 user Creation from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have replicated the Org Structure in SRM from HR. While doing that the Employee, Position and Business Partner got created.

The SU01 user was not created. Is there any approach/way to replicate SU01 users from HR to SRM(mapping the Roles is a constrain i believe).

Pls do let me know if you have any steps to be followed.

Thanks,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarcoEidinger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you don't have centralized user management capabilities like CUA or SAP NW Identity Management then you can use SRM transaction USERS_GEN to import user data via RFC and to create business partners on basis of these imported user accounts.

Best regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I tried creating the Users with RFC option under Users_gen. Its creating the Users with Roles given in the ECC system. Again I need to go manually and give the specific roles to the User in SRM. Is there any way to get SRM roles?

Thanks,

Satya.

MarcoEidinger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I don't understand your use case. Are there SRM roles maintained for the SU01 users in HR? I would doubt so. So from where do you want to retrieve the required SRM role assignment automatically? Or is there a custom-specific role mapping? I assume you have to assign the roles manually.

Best regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You are correct its difficult to assign roles to the users when you try to replicate the users using RFC Upload option. I believe we need to go with Just Node Structure replication from HR and need to use Users_gen Flat file option to create SU01 users/BP's. Is there any issue in following this process?

Thanks,

Satya

MarcoEidinger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

sorry that my answer comes so late. I hope your issue is solved in the meantime. Nevertheless, in case you have replicated employee's from the HR system to SRM then the UERS_GEN does not really help as corresonding business partners were already created by the ALE replication.

Technically your option to replicate just the HR org structure without employee's and then using USERS_GEN is possible but I would not recommend it as employee updates (e. name) in the future would not automatically be applied.

Best regards,

Marco

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Central User Administration (CUA).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/08/ed591f9ff00343952f11a7b707f28a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the information.

We are not having CUA in our Landscape. In this case how we need to address the scenario?

Regards,

Satya.