cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in error being archived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have archiving setup on our Integration server XI 3.0 ( SP 23 ) to archvie messages more than 3 days old. ( using standard settings in sxmb_admin - archiving and deletion setups )

Now, we find that even messages with status SYSTEM ERROR are also being archived. My understanding was that messages in status SYSTEM ERROR are never touched /picked up for archiving/deletion. How are these messages in SYSTEM ERROR disappearing ? Is there a criteria/ flag in archiving that indicates that even error messages can be archived ?

Anybody face this situation before ?

Karthik.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more point - I am referring to ASYNC messages that are in system error - disappearing and getting archived.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> One more point - I am referring to ASYNC messages that are in system error - disappearing and getting archived.

Any chance that the asynchronous messages (errored) are cancelled in sxmb_moni?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We double checked. The async messages in question were not cancelled - manually. We have raised a OSS ticket with SAP.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You are right. Message in Status "014" must not be deleted/archived.

Please double check the configuration steps. The link below could help you to solve your anomaly:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236f50&overrid...

Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0 / PI 7.0

Regards,

Giuseppe