cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content conversion in File to Proxy in PI 7.1 V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a File (Text file) to Proxy scenario in PI 7.1 Version where I receive the text file from the sender and need to convert into xml by using the Content conversion

The text file which I receive have multiple Record Structures which have Parent and Child data elements

Example

Header

_____ Fld3

________Fild1----

_____Fld4

________Bank Account details-------

_____Fld5

Detail----

________Fld2----

_____Fld6

________ Credit Card Details _______Fld7

|________ Payment details -

| _______Fld8

|

|_______Fld9

Trailer1

Trailer2

Can anyone give an idea How to define the record set structures and the corresponding fields in the Field names

Can any one send me the link if there is any blog exists which shows above scenario

Thanks a lot

PR

Edited by: PR on Aug 6, 2009 9:21 PM

Edited by: PR on Aug 6, 2009 9:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

It seems you are having four strucutures like Header,1,Detail,*,Trailer1,1,Trailer2,1. So if you have four structures tehn you need to have a key field which differentiates all the four structures. Once you have key field you can easily do the content conversion.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

If you have two structures like Header,1,Detail,* then you dont need a key field. But your case is not like this. So definitely you need a key file. If you dont have a key field then you need to write an adapter module to overcome your issue.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

I have sender file my structure as follows

1. Header (record set1)

TransactionId (field1)

TestProdcd (field2)

Sender (field3)

ID -

((Subfield1)

FEIN -

(Subfield2)

PostalCode-----(Subfield3)

Receiver

ID -

((Subfield1)

FEIN -

(Subfield2)

PostalCode-----(Subfield3)

Transmission

Date

Time

OriginalName

2. Record (record set2)

Transaction

SeqNum

ReportTypeCd

ProcessDate

Processtime

ApplicationAckd

RequestCd

3. Trailer (RecordSet 3)

RecordCt

TransactionCt

TransactionsetID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

It seems like you have TransactionID is a keyfield. If yes then use this blog as I have already given above:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Now coming to your file can you give a sample file so that we can understand exactly how the file looks like.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have multiple structure in a file. For that you need to define the sequence for each recordset type. Please see the below two links. In these links 2 type of structure is explained. You can use similar approach for multiple record set. But you need to have keyFieldValue which will Identify the each record type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Shweta.