Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms : Main on Appendix page not printable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Techies,

A nice problem: My situation > I 'm printing an invoice that consists of a first page, a next and a appendix page. The appendix page can also be multiple pages.

Example : First-next-next-next - Appendix-appendix

The first and the next are in portrait, the appendix in landscape.

The problem: because the appendix is in portrait the main width is bigger than on the first page. This gives an update error: Sap tests that the main should remain in the same width. In my case this is not relevant the main on the appendix contains other data.

Any suggestions.

Greetz

Frederik Defour

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Frederik

Add page formats or SAP orientation.

Use: A page format specifies the physical size and orientation of an output page. From SAP R/3 4.5A, both SAPscript and list printing use page formats. The physical page dimensions determine and specify the printable area on a page. This information, in turn, determines how the page is filled with text.

Changes are required if: You need to add new page formats for paper sizes or output layouts not included in the standard SAP System.

Page formats are used together with formats and device formats to determine how text should be printed on a particular paper size or in a particular layout format. To define a new paper size, you need to add all three of these objects.

Make your changes in: A new page format The name must begin with Y or Z. Do not alter existing page formats otherwise SAP R/3’s SAPscript forms or ABAP lists may not print correctly.

Content: Dimensions and orientation of physical paper (SAPscript and lists) or lines and columns in page layout (lists text).

Please refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a956e51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks & regards

Sreenivasulu P

0 Kudos

Sorry,

Indeed I could use page formats for a sapscript or a list. But it isn't forseen for Smartforms.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi defour

main window should have same width on all windows but their height can vary.

if your width needs to be different on appendix window then you can go for secondary windows in Smartforms else you can stay with your main windows.

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Thanks for the response, but if I use a secondairy window on the appendix instead of a main I lose my main window functionality. Nameley if there is to much data on the window that you get a page break for free.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos

Hi defour,

you are right you wont get automatic page breaks in secondary window as in main window.

in such case make your main window width same on all the pages.........else you can follow the advice given by Ravi

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Yes indeed,

Joining two forms together could solve the problem. The problem with me is that I want the two parts ( first/next ) and ( Appendix ) into one spool file. This to be safe. Then you can not change the width of the main.

Best regards,

Frederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion would be to create the APPENDIX part as a separate SMART form and call it right after the INVOICE form. That way, you can avoid this problem and at the same time reuse the APPENDIX smart form for other documents if the contents are same.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Your suggestion to create the appendix as a seperate form is in fact what I am doing.

I'm calling the function module "lf_fm_name" 2 times. A first time with parameter Startpage = "first" and then with Startpage = "Appendix". Both the first/next and Appendix should be in the same spool. So this part works.

Thanks for the response,

Frederik