Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart communication channel with error by Availability Time Planning

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

I had configured ATP for communication channels and it is working fine. In a specific case my sender adapter is a SOAP that post a message to a file receiver communication but this communication is stopped because of ATP.

When this happens communication channel status become error because it is stopped and the ATP does not restart it automatically anymore. My doubt is to know if either this behavior is right or I need to configure something else.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Aamir and Satish.

Your suggestions are the best way, but I need to stop the receiver channel because of the scenario.

I will change the automatically control (ATP) to external control. I will configure a job to stop and restart channels like an "external ATP".

Thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why would you want to make it so complicated?

Am sure, there would no need for the message to be available in PI - integration engine either.

use ATP at sender side, just the way u r doing it for receiver side, with same time control/span and let receiver always be available..

thanks,

Vishal

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal.

It is a SOAP async scenario when the sender application does not control if PI receives the message or not and the customer agree with this. So, to solve this issue I suggest that sender SOAP channel stay started all the time and the File receiver channel will be control by ATP.

The main issue is that ATP does not restart a channel with pending messages. If the channel is stopped and the application send a message, it stops on receiver channel and log a system error. When ATP try to restart the channel according schedulled the channel does not restart and a manual restart it is necessary.

Thanks for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soares,

Just for my knowledge and for future use can you please tell how you are going to achieve:

> I will configure a job to stop and restart channels like an "external ATP".

Which job you are going to configure so that I will also give a try at my end.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish.

I will create an ABAP program to call http service (<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=*&service=<BS>&channel=<CC>&action=) from PI to start and stop a channel.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soares,

Since you have ATP on receiver side the message is already in PI adapter engine and trying to deliver to File Comm. channel which is not there. So ultimately it tries for 3 times and then it goes to system error. Once it is in system error then you ahve to manually retrigger once again. So ideally as aamir said always control on teh sender side so taht whenever you want then only the messages will flown.

Please see this blogs for some more information:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

/people/ganesh.karicharla2/blog/2008/02/08/periodic-scheduling-of-data-between-oracle-db-r3-system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>My doubt is to know if either this behavior is right

That is the way it should work,if any channel is scheduled by ATP,then it will only be started at the intervals you have specified in ATP configurations.

I would suggest you to not do anything with receiver adapters in ATP,just schedule the sender adapters through it.

In case there is no sender adapter( sender HTTP or IDOC or Proxy) then its better to control the actual sender system.

Thanks

Aamir