cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement the WM functions with RF solution without SU management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Is it possible to implement the WM functions with RF solution without SU management ? We have a warehouse structure where we require the RF devices to be used for processing goods movements.How is it possible to use the RF solution without SUM?

Thanks

Edited by: RKsap193 on Aug 6, 2009 3:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is just to confirm what we did with a great success:

- high rack warehouse, with fixed bins in 1st and 2nd level, higher levels for storage of full pallets of same materials

- all storage tipes are non-SU, non-HU

- standard "SAP fixed bins" functionality with replenishment from upper level bins (LP21) for picking (mixed pallets for delivery)

- all processes are RF managed

> putaway from own production and external supplier (trading goods)

> fixed bins repleneshment (pick full pallet in upper bin and move it to empty fixed bin)

> delivery of full pallets and mixed pallets (collected in fixed bins) --> one-step and two-step picking processes

> internal movements between bins -relocations

> .... and others

Virtually all RF transactions were done by us, because standard LM** transactions are usually not useful for the clients.

Mobile applications (RF transactions) done in SAP ITS Mobile (released by SAP in July 2007). Running in Web browser on mobile terminals.

The solution is very professional and it works great in practice.

Just a hint:

- we didn't use SU or HU,

- most of the scans are based on scanning EAN-128 (EAN$quantity$exp.date$batch) from the pallet label or sales unit label --> by scanning this info (and bin number), we know which material and batch is moved --> we create TO and finally confirm it

- to incorporate custom interpretation of EAN128 scan and to create/confirm TO, we had to make custom mobile transactions.

Info/reference:

http://www.nicelabel.com/resources/files/doc/case-study/cs-07_Unichem_eng.pdf

Best regards,

Primoz Gricar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Its Possible to use RF without SU management, We have this scenario at client site. As per Normal process while creating TO(Both for putaway & picking) the bar coded print out will come out showing the destination storage type and storage bin data.

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is just to confirm what we did with a great success:

- high rack warehouse, with fixed bins in 1st and 2nd level, higher levels for storage of full pallets of same materials

- all storage tipes are non-SU, non-HU

- standard "SAP fixed bins" functionality with replenishment from upper level bins (LP21) for picking (mixed pallets for delivery)

- all processes are RF managed

> putaway from own production and external supplier (trading goods)

> fixed bins repleneshment (pick full pallet in upper bin and move it to empty fixed bin)

> delivery of full pallets and mixed pallets (collected in fixed bins) --> one-step and two-step picking processes

> internal movements between bins -relocations

> .... and others

Virtually all RF transactions were done by us, because standard LM** transactions are usually not useful for the clients.

Mobile applications (RF transactions) done in SAP ITS Mobile (released by SAP in July 2007). Running in Web browser on mobile terminals.

The solution is very professional and it works great in practice.

Just a hint:

- we didn't use SU or HU,

- most of the scans are based on scanning EAN-128 (EAN$quantity$exp.date$batch) from the pallet label or sales unit label --> by scanning this info (and bin number), we know which material and batch is moved --> we create TO and finally confirm it

- to incorporate custom interpretation of EAN128 scan and to create/confirm TO, we had to make custom mobile transactions.

Info/reference:

http://www.nicelabel.com/resources/files/doc/case-study/cs-07_Unichem_eng.pdf

Best regards,

Primoz Gricar

Edited by: Primoz Gricar on Aug 9, 2009 11:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Primoz,

Were you able to scan a pallet ID and load multiple boxes on it? If so, how did you do that?

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ace,

Before we go more in details - do you consider here a mixed pallet prepared for delivery ? Is your question, how to pack different items (materials) on a packaging material (pallet) by using scanners and bar codes - making handling unit at the end ? Please, be back with me with your answer. We have some experience with this as well.

Regards,

Primoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Primoz,

I guess i have misunderstood the questions in this post as they seem to be related to outbound. My issue is linked to putaway after inbound.

During putaway, i would like to assign multilple TO items to a pallet..without using SU management.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How does you are going to use RF device? Are you going to scan TO numbers for the goods movement ?

Please confirm.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , it would probably to scan the TO numbers with RF devices.I am trying to analyze what are the scenarios i am going to be used for this.My business process says i need to handle the mixed pallets where the SUM very much required.And also i am trying to analyze what are consequences if i don't activate the SUM and just use the RF solution appreciate if you could give me more information on the impacts of using RF with out SUM.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can not tell you right way what will be impact but you can set up the scenario for one storage type & by creating Rf config.

It will be good choice if you are using SUM with RF.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to use SUM for certain storage types in non RF applications, and then not use it for the same storage types using RF?

If that is the case, then the answer is no, you cannot do that. Once SUM is activated for a storage type, it must be used for all movements through that storage type. Also, please note that once the SUM indicator is set for a storage type, it cannot be removed.

You can, however, create new storage types (which can be copies of your current ones with the SUM indicator removed) to use in your non-SUM RF scenarios.