cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Rules upload in 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a proof of concept project for GRC 5.3 implementation and have configured the GRC RAR as per the config Guide and the Rule upload was done accordingly. In the configrued system, I am seeing the GLOBAL Rule set and all the rules generated against it.

The real problem started when I started to load the custom Rule Files (BP,Functions.txt etc etc ) for all the custom rules we plan to use. I tried to load the custom Files from CONFIGURATION tab -> RULE UPLOAD.

- I am seeing some error messages and now I dont know if I have damaged the existing rules and need to fix the Global itself ?

- How do I bring in the customized Text Files for Rules ?

Thanks,

Farah

HERE IS A SNAPSHOT OF ERRORS :

Business process ID: AP00 cannot be deleted because a Function ID exists

Business process ID: BS00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: CA00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: CR00 cannot be deleted because a Function ID exists

Business process ID: EC00 cannot be deleted because a Function ID exists

Business process ID: FI00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: HR00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: MM00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: PM00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: PR00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: SD00 cannot be deleted because a Risk ID exists

Business process ID: SR00 cannot be deleted because a Function ID exists

Business process upload not complete due to above errors

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

when I go to the Configuration -> Rule Upload and start the upload according to the sequence there is no option which asks me if I am uploading this for GLOBAL or the Custom .

The risk-ruleset relationship file gets uploaded at a later stage in the sequence of Files. So please help me understand what tells it which Ruleset to use ?

Thanks a lot.

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, my mistake. Are you trying to upload BP file with same business process ID as global ruleset? That is the problem. Either you can change the BP ID or don't upload the BP file. Only upload the files where it requires relationship with the ruleset or the files which contain different data then global rule set files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_ogirala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Farah,

Please refer to SAP note 1113248 for uploading multiple rule set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Note '0001113248' does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds reasonable and understandable.

Do I still need to manually create the ABCD Ruleset with decription as Custom OR just proceed with the upload directly without this manual step ?

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be better if you create one manually and make sure to relate it with the new files while uploading.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

So if I am understanding it right, I should manually create a new Rulesset from the Rule Architect tab and for the decription call it custom

and then start uploading the Rules against it .

I will try it now and see if I can upload it without any errors or warning.

Thanks,

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Farah. That is exactly what you need to do. You are trying to upload same information again in Global rule set and that is why you are getting this error.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could upload the Files and generated the Rules also.

When I look in Rules Architect -> Permission Rules

I dont see my custom Ruleset in the options. Why is that so ? Am I missing anything ?

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the custom Ruleset but not permissions or critical actions against it. I will try to figure it out but my oringinal problem of upload is definitely solved.

Thanks a lot Alpesh !!

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farah,

It doesn't seem that you have affected global rule set. If you want to create a custom rule set then first add a new rule set and name it as custom. Now, associate all the files with this ruleset while uploading and you will be fine.

Regards,

Alpesh