cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to test webservice from SOA Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have converted a normal BAPI to a webserive and in SOA Manager when I try to run "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding" I'm able to enter the WSDL and click next, but then I get an Access Denied error. Why is this happening? How can I test the webservice from SOA Manager. I'm assuming this error is the reason why in Visual Studio the webservice throws an exception that no binding is assign.

Any help will be much appreciated, and I can provide more information, if you ask for it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My co-worked figured out the process. Instead of using SE37 to create a webservice, he used SE80 and created a package first, and then from the package he created a webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomasz,

what have you selected for 'Profile' when generating the webservice for your BAPI in NetWeaver dev studio;

Basic Authorization or Secure ?

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WvStrien

I have created the webservice not from NetWeaver but from SAP directly. I used transaction code se37, then I navigated to my BAPI. In the profile I have selected PRF_DT_IF_SEC_NO (from the drop down) which has a description of No Authentication and No Transport Guarantee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomasz,

that is actually the same SAP Service wizard, but started via another route

Do you have the required authorizations for creating and administrating a webservice in the sap environment ?

See: [SAP AS ABAP webservice authorizations |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/2b/07074155bcf26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

You'll need to have role SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_TEC, or the older version SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN.

Also, make sure that your webservice is activated in transaction SICF; see related forum thread for more details about this

[403 Forbidden error -WSDL Web Service|;

Good luck, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I do have all those roles and my service is activated, but I was just told that the ECC version on our netwear box is 5, and our SAP box is ECC6. I'm going to stop my webservices adventure until our SAP team figures out the differences between the two systems and if they might be the issue. Once that is done I'm going to try again.