cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Connector send XML to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a BC which should read XML files from a specified folder and send them to SAP via RFC (in IDOC format).

The conection works between BC and SAP fine, gateways are registered and RFC destination has been maintained and tested in SAP.

How/where can I assign the "package" (which contains the folder with XMLs) with the SAP system (it is configured under "Adapters"-->"SAP ..." with correct listeners).

Is the assignment the "Routing rules" or the "Map"?

When should Business Connector start to read the specified folder? Does it start according to "scheduling tasks"?

Where can I monitor the procedures?

Thanks in advance!

Terence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are using the FTP service from the public package to read the files.

You won't find entries for this at Adapter tab.

You just have to configure the routing rules and your scenario is done. The scenario would start based on the polling interval you scedule in the FTP service. You may have a look at the Adapter Guide in your installation location at this path

<sapbc>\Server\packages\SAP\doc\SAPBCSapAdapterGuide.pdf

This guide has one such example.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

Thank you very much for your answer. The AdapterGuide was really helpfull.

Now the routing rule is associated to the correct Service (that was a the problem). So the rule started to process the XML files from the folder (the XML files disappeared immediately after I corrected the rule).

But now my problem is that on the SAP side there is no inbound IDOCs so it seems the trasmission may failed.

Moreover under "Routing"-->"Transactions" I don't see these entries with the the current date.

Our routing rule is simple: "wildcard" "wildcard" "wildcard" "ALE (R/3 IDOC)"--><OUR SAP SYSTEM>

The SAP connection is working as I can test under "SAP..." menu.

Is there any other way to monitor what had happened with these XML files? I'm sure the BC processed as the files are gone, but there is no IDOC in the destination SAP...

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TerenceHill,

I hope you are posting the idoc in one of the method shown in page 128 which automatically passed to Partner Mananger and everything is executed is fine. If everything is fine then go to sap system and see in sm58 for any errors.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is a misunderstanding about the use of the routing rule.

1. you have to write a service which polls the files (that service can use standard FTP/file services in BC). You schedule that service in the BC scheduler.

2. this service should then send the data to SAP. For that, you can define a routing rule and trigger that routing rule in your service, as described in previous posts.

CSY