cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Upload Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've worked with LSMW to record transactions in the past, but I'm unsure of what the best approach is for sales orders. Our requirement is to upload a simple tab-delimited text file that contains the PO#, PO type, Material, Grid (we are using AFS), Name/Phone/Address of the ship-to party, and shipping notes text.

My main question is concerned with handling the multiple line items on the orders. I have seen some posts here that suggest using one LSMW to do the header data (VA01), and then a second to do line item data (VA02). However, I need this to be one step. I see there is a BAPI with Business Object BUS2032, but I have not worked with that method, and don't know what to use for the IDoc settings.

Any help with the easiest way to complete this is appreciated!

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Uploading sales orders using LSMW is risk as you have to deal with multiple line items and different tabs/screens.It all depends upon your requirement if u feel you just need to upload sales orders with materials,Qty,price,plant,shipping point,and in header you have sold and ship to with different addresss you can write BDC Program because for example if you have say third party sales orders or free of charge itmes where the net value is Zero such type of scenraio's are cant be handled through LSMW.

Thanks and Regards,

Pawan Kumar C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the LSMW Recording procedure.

1) Enter t code LSMW

2)Give the project,subproject,object

3)press create button

4)goto menubar select recording

5)select Create button

6)enter the recording name

7)enter transaction code no like VA01

8)Select Default All Save & Back

9)Execute

10)select Maintain object attributes & press F8

11)Select Display Change icon

12)Click on Batch input recording & enter the recording name

13)Save & back

14)Select Maintain Source structure & click on object overview

15)Select Table

16) select all data & paste in excel then convert text to coloumn & save & back

17)Select Object overview,create button,enter source structure,save,back

18)select source fields fields,table mainteance,excel data paste in this

19)Save & back

20) Maintain Structure relation,save,back

21)Select Maintain field mapping and conversion rules,extra,auto field mapping & select continue

--Narayan Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Discuss with your ABAPer for help

Babu