Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My project is in Realization phase where I need to design security and lots of other things. I was collecting all the information regarding org element and I have question when I couldnu2019t find Storage location (field name: LGORT) as an org element from the org tab. Functional team mentioned all the org elements including storage location. I can find the field name in the role but when Iu2019m looking in organization level tab I canu2019t find storage location (LGORT). Please advice

Thanks

Faisal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it an org level in your system?

Check in table USORG.

If it is not then you can promote it to org level. If you do a search on org level then you will get plenty of detail on it.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of ECC 6, Storage Location is not considered as an Organizational Level field entity.

But, Storage type is ($LGTYP) an Org. level field. Of course, you can change any field to Organization level and follow Alex's instruction to search Security forum as well as SMP.

Regards,

Dipanjan

dvaillant
Explorer
0 Kudos

For those reading this post and want to use storage location (LGORT) to restrict authorizations on you can make it an organizational level (as explained above). Please note that that you can activate the authorization check on the M_MSEG_LGO authorization object in customizing for the concerned storage locations. Standard this is not activated for a storgae location. Activating it will make sure that storage location (LGORT) is checked when making an IM good movements/material document. The storage location is checked together with the plant, the movement type and of course the activity.  This can be useful when you want to protect good movements from / to certain storage locations in a plant. Please note that this check is then performed for all goods movements where the activated storage locations are used and when just displaying the material documents.  So you have to make sure that all necessary roles contain the correct M_MSEG_LGO authorization.

You can activate the storage location checks in customizing: Materials Management --> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --> Authorization Management --> Authorization Check for Storage Locations