cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport table or export/import table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed a new ecc5 system,and I want to do a remote client copy from my PRD system,but there are about

100 customizing tables which do not exist in a new ecc5 system,how can I transport these tables or export/import

tables. what is the standard procedure?

I try sm30, and enter a Z**** table, then click "transport",I get this message:"Transport is not possible for the specified data".

Could you give me some advices? thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create a customizing request on the transport organizer SE10 and select R3TR TABU object and add your table to it, then you'll be able to transport it.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, but how to compare tables on two system, I only know that there are differences, but do not know which tables do not exist? Are all the tables named "Z***" should be transport or there are some tables named u201CZ*****u201D maybe sap standard ones?

and could I include all of these tables in only one change request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

just in scc9, click "RFC system comparison", I can compare the two systems`tables,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to perform this operation exactly in sm31 or sm30 (for example, you have own transaction, which works through sm30), previous solutions are not for you...

You must create Maint. view for your table and change data over it, then you will be able to transport data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

cat export_config.cntrl

export

client=<Client Number>

file = "<path >export_HF1.data"

SELECT * FROM <table Name>

SELECT * FROM <table name>

.put same command for all tables

Then run Below Script:

-To run the script execute u201C R3trans u2013w <Path>export_<TARGET_SID>.log export_config.cntrl

Check export_<TARGET_SID>.log file for successful export. This script would create the export file "<PATH>export_<TARGET_SID>.data".

-

We are using above script for Oracle DB and Solaris OS. All data will be available in export_<TARGET_SID>.data

You can import this into target system ,

For import following same procedure as above ...

import

client=003

file="<path>export_RL1.data"

all other things are completly same.

Please try this ...

Edited by: Arun Kumar Rathour on Aug 6, 2009 7:17 PM

Edited by: Arun Kumar Rathour on Aug 6, 2009 7:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your kind help, these tables do not exist in my new system, so firstly,I should create them, I think I should transport them first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor :

When we do export t and import of tables they automatically created in target system if it is not available and get appended if already available.

Thanks and Regards

Arun Rathour