cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk: Sending E-Mail notification from message after status change

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI expert,

I have configured service desk in my Solution Manager EHP1. I have configured also Sending E-Mail from message after status change how shown in sap note 691303.

I have configured the action u201CZ_SEND_MAIL_ACTIONu201D and 3 start condition:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0003SLFN0001

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0005SLFN0001

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFN0001

to send an email notification when the status change to u201Cin processu201D or u201Ccustomer actionu201D or u201Cproposed solutionu201D.

The e-mail is sent only when the status of the message change from u201CNewu201D to u201Cin processu201D.

When I change the status of the message from u201CIn processu201D to u201Ccustomer actionu201D or from u201CIn processu201D to u201Cproposed solutionu201D the system donu2019t send e-mail.

Can anyone helpme to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot

giovanni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

Check this, it might help you:

[http://www.renet-web.net/2009/07/23/automated-emails-in-sap-solution-manager-made-easy/|http://www.renet-web.net/2009/07/23/automated-emails-in-sap-solution-manager-made-easy/]

It probably has to do with your action merging, i.e it is set to happen only once. This means that the email will only be triggered once for anyone of the conditions that you have added.

If you want for an email to be triggered every time the status changes to one of the defined actions, you need to go in the customizing of your action definition , in your action profile (tcode sppfcadm).

In the action merging parameter, put 'Max 1 unprocessed Action for each action definition'.

The downside of this is that an email will be triggered every time, not just when the status changes. Say you go into change mode of your service request but do not do any changes. When you leave your service request, you save it (despite making no changes) another email will be triggered - which can be annoying for the receiving person since nothing has changed. You'll need to add your custom coding if that behaviour does not suit.

Hope it helps.

Cio, ~p