Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP webservice call to external server - Cookie issue

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are experiencing cookie issue while calling webservice to Tivoli system hosted on IBM websphere.

Steps we have done as follows:

1. Created a ABAP Proxy class from Tivoli WSDL.

2. Configured T-Code LPCONFIG to point to above proxy class and logical port.

3. Configured SM59 RFC connection to point to Tivoli server using basic authentication mechanism (User ID/Password).

4. Called webservice method from WebDynpro ABAP program.

After above steps, we are able to call the webservice method successfully but second time we are experiencing Cookie being adding to the request and eventually no response back to our program.

When we investigated this cookie issue with IBM Websphere people, they says thay have enabled SSO Config instead of basic authentication and that's why a cookie is being added to the request and fails. when they disabled SSO, we are able to call webservic method sucessfully sevaral times. but now this cannot be no longer disabled as other applications are using SSO enable option. So, we are thinking, is there something that can be done in SAP ECC itself as we see the option of using SSO in SM59 instead of User Id/Password but not sure How?

If anybody has undergone this scenario/SSO config from ECC SM59 successfully, Please reply back.

Thanks in advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This isn't a web dynpro abap question. It really belongs in a forum that deals with calling web services. The SSO cookie that SAP produces is not compatible with the web sphere one. You won't be able tuse the SSO options in the RFC destination to make it compatible with web sphere, as these are two completely different SSO technologies.

In your SM59 destination that was created for the Logical Port, go to the Special Options tab. What is the value for the Accept Cookies option int he HTTP Cookies section? If you choose Yes (All), you might find that this solves your problem.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomos and KK,

Thomos:

I see in SM59 is currently being set to "No Cookies" option. If I change this to Yes (All), what's this mean ? Is Cookie is going to cleared at SAPECC or at Webspehere..? Please clarify..

KK:

Thanks. Will try your option after the above.

Thanks

Praveen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Remember ABAP is acting like a browser in this case. Switching ot Yes (ALL) means that cookies will be accepted and sent back with each request.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomos,

My webservice test still failing for second time after SM59 had been set to "Yes (All)" Option. Any further checks that I can try ?

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is due to basic aythentication set at destination server

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the link that explains how SSO can be configured in SAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/65/6a563cef658a06e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Once done, under Client PSE in Tcode STRUST, you can upload the certificate obtained from the SSO enabled system and use the client PSE (Default) in the SSL Client Certificate area of SM59

I see Thomas has already responded to you and he has written a blog on how to set this up as well.

KK