SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Code Or Trick for Old Article Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Retail Expert,

Can anybody know match-code or Shortcut to enter Article Display screen (TA MM43) directly with old Article number?

My business people dont want to go through search help. They have always worked with Old Article Number or EAN. To enter with EAN directly I found it (i.e. (=n.) then EAN no.) but its not enough becuase only store work with EAN but DC people work with only Article number( which is now in SAP as Old article no). I can enter Article Master Data over search help using Old Article Number. If anybody know such kind of Match code or tricks, please do let me know.

Or any other suggestion are welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

regards,

Nilesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi, You are almost right with your idea. If you access the "!Matchcode" button next to your article number field, then you will get a huge list for selection incl. the "hot keys" (e.g. N for EAN) For the old article number, the related hot key is "A".

If you now use the hot key A in this way (is for all hot keys the same logic) =A.xxxxx (xxxxx stands for the old article number) the systemwill convert the value into the actual article number io enter the article master data.

To sum up, guys in the Store should use =N. whereas guys in the DC are using =A.

If you might use a scanner, the scanner could defaulted with this "hot keys" in oder to speed up the access.

Regards

Andreas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi, You are almost right with your idea. If you access the "!Matchcode" button next to your article number field, then you will get a huge list for selection incl. the "hot keys" (e.g. N for EAN) For the old article number, the related hot key is "A".

If you now use the hot key A in this way (is for all hot keys the same logic) =A.xxxxx (xxxxx stands for the old article number) the systemwill convert the value into the actual article number io enter the article master data.

To sum up, guys in the Store should use =N. whereas guys in the DC are using =A.

If you might use a scanner, the scanner could defaulted with this "hot keys" in oder to speed up the access.

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hallo Andreas,

You have solved my problem. That was the answer what i was expecting for. If u dont mind i have one more Question to ask.

how did u find this "hot keys"?

How many hot keys are there?

Vielen Dank

Viele Grüße

Nilesh