Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

As per my knowledge i understand that proxies are used to integrate SAP systems with XI system with out adaptor (ie Adaptor less). there are two types of proxies we can generate which hide the bussiness logic from the integration logic. they are abap and java proxy. please correct me if i am wrong here.

Abap proxy: here we have client(outbount) and server(inbound) proxy.

For example: if i am using SAP system to send IDOC to XI and inturn XI sends that to a file. Here in this scenario, i need to create a outbound proxy right. I created all MT,MI and DT in IR. Now my doubt is based on MI which is created in IR for sender system where can i create a abap outbound proxy by using the TCODE SPROXY. Is it in SAP system or XI system. please clarify this.

Same like if i need to create a inbound proxy, where should i create the abap inbound proxy, is it in SAP system or XI system by using the T.code SPROXY. In the meantime, please provid me the requied configurations i need to do in SAP and as well in XI system for generating abap proxies. I have gone through blogs and i am little confused. so please provide me the required details in step by step manner.

If i am wrong in making scenarios, please let me know one example scenario for which i need to create abap outbound proxy and one example scenario for which i need to create abap inbound proxy.

I am learining XI only with the experts inputs which i got for SDN.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>where can i create a abap outbound proxy by using the TCODE SPROXY. Is it in SAP system or XI system. please clarify this.

In SAP ECC System

>Same like if i need to create a inbound proxy, where should i create the abap inbound proxy, is it in SAP system or XI system >by using the T.code SPROXY.

In SAP ECC System

SAP ECC - Partner Profile, RFC Destination - HTTP Connection

SAP XI /PI - RFC Destination - HTTP Connection

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Cheers

Agasthuri

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

Thanks for your quick reply. Is it only in SAP ECC system or SAP r/3 system also because i am using SAP 4.7 system.

and in the meantime , can you please provide me one example scenario each for outbount and inbound proxies. i dont want anything with screenshot kind of thing. just scenarios.

Regards

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This WIKI will tell you what settings are required to be performed to receive an IDOC from SAP system into XI/ PI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized

This will help you in learning the existing IDOC ---> FIle scenario:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Aug 6, 2009 7:39 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennegolla,

As abhishek pointed you dont need proxy at all because you already mentioned you have an idoc.

If you want to use proxy for example: in hr you want to send all the SAP employee data and lets say you dont have a standard function module or idoc for your requirement then you will create the message type in PI with all the customized fields and then you will create the proxy in SAP. Once you create the proxy in sap you will code to get all the fields populated in the proxy and will send to xi and from there you can route to the appropriate system. Here it is called as an outbound proxy or client proxy.

Lets turn the scenario where your legacy system is sending the data. Then you will get the data from the legacy system using file or jdbc adapter (in which ever format they give) and then here also first you will create the message type and then create proxy in sap and then you will send data to this proxy. Within the proxy you will receive this data and load the data into corresponding tables of HR. This is just a high level example.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

There are few settings need to be done for this communication. Check this blog for this settings:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Regards,

---Satish

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

thank you very much for your replies. Finally please let me SAP means i can use from SAP r/3 version onwards right or is it from ECC version onwards. how can i find my SAP system is having webas > 6.2 .please clarify.

Thanks

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For example: if i am using SAP system to send IDOC to XI and inturn XI sends that to a file. Here in this scenario, i need to 
create a outbound proxy right. I created all MT,MI and DT in IR.

Wrong....you need not create any Proxy here.

Since it is an IDOC that you are sending you need to import the IDOC in your XI/ PI system from the SAP system.

Double-click on the SWCV in which you want to import thr IDOC....Fill in the "Connection Data for Import from SAP System" section with the details of the SAP system from which you want to import thr IDOC (same for RFC)

Right-click on the Imported Objects tab in IR and say Import ....in the pop-window enter the relevant details (screen is self-explanatory)

You need to have an SAP ECC User-id and password for this import.

Once imported the IDOC you can directly include the IDOC as Message Type in Message Interface....no need to create a MT on the Sender Side.

Regards,

Abhishek.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

I did not went thru your question Completely. ( Went thru only the BOLD letters ) Sorry it is my Mistake

>For example: if i am using SAP system to send IDOC to XI and inturn XI sends that to a file. Here in this scenario, i need to create a outbound proxy right. I >created all MT,MI and DT in IR. Now my doubt is based on MI which is created in IR for sender system where can i create a abap outbound proxy

> IDOC to XI

No Proxy code needed.

Thanks Abhishek, After going thru your replay, I read Raj question completely ,

Thanks

Agasthuri