cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automitic source of supply assignment in backend system for SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing one issue regarding source of supply for SRM purchase Requisitions in backend ECC system.

When we create a shopping cart in SRM 5.0, a purchase requisition is created in backend and has source of supply assigned to it.

I donu2019t want to assign source of supply to purchase requisitions created for SRM.

Can you please suggest how to achieve this?

Also I think, SRM is internally using BAPI u201CBAPI_REQUISITION_CREATEu201D from backend ECC system for creation of requisition. This BAPI has an importing parameter u2018AUTOMATIC_SOURCEu2019, and if we pass space to this parameter, it creates requisition without assigning source of supply.

If this is correct, then can I use any BADI or customization in SRM to set the value of this parameter as space when SRM calls this BAPI?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPRO--> SRM > SRM server> cross application basic settings --> Define objects in backend system (PR,RS,PO)

waht is the settings you maintained for your product category / purchase group - external procurement .

the above setting determines your follow on documents in the backend systems.

as discuused in the thread are you using any BADI ?

peter offers how to debug to ..in the above link.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Muthu.

In the SPRO setting for Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders), we have set it as 'Always Purchase Requisition'. Also we are not using any BADIs in SRM for backend system determination or for driver function module selection.

Also, in my case, Purchase Requisition is getting created correctly.

The only issue is about the source of supply assignment in backend ECC system.

We are using classic scenario in SRM. I have also checked that there is NO source of supply assigned in SRM for the shopping cart in BBP_PD. It is getting assigned in ECC backend only.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjay

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Source of supply has assigned in SRM not in ECC while creating backend document. so you need to look source of supply folder before you order a cart.

if you dont want vendor in the PR means, you can delete source of supply folder in sc (i.e vendor assignment) in the thrash button at the right hand side.

do you have only one source of supply (like contrat or inforecord) for that material? or you can control BADI not to assign any vendor source determine badi.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

We have contract existing in ECC 6.0 for Material group and Vendor combination. When ever I create a SC with the same combination, ECC 6.0 system assigns the backend contract as source of supply as default. We want to break this link. We dont want this procedure to be happened.

In our case, we dont pass any source of supply information from SRM.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can lock the contract in ECC if you dont want to assign or

you can delete the contract in the source of supply folder if it already assigned (by thrash button).

br

muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 suggestion,

1. When you are creating a SC it is picking the vendor from the contract already available in the CCM (or) other cataglogs.

better delete the vendor there.

2. When you are creaing a SC if the vendor is assgined then delete the vendor and then save the SC so that there will not be any vendor in the SC .So in the Backend also in the PR you can assign new vendor

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your responses. I used a uses exit 'SAPLMEWQ' on ECC side to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SanJay

I am facing the same problem of you about source of supply. You wrote here that you can solve it by user exist,

SAPLMEWQ (BAPIs Requirement Coverage Request).

Could you show me the code? I don't know how to create the user exist.

Thanks in advance

BJ-Thailand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I got the solution for it. I used user-exist SAPLMEWQ.

1. goto CMOD

2. create the project & add Enhancement SAPLMEWQ-Customer exit for processing of requisitions via BAPIs

3. Goto Component, it will create "EXIT_SAPLMEWQ_001" & also "INCLUDE ZXMEWU04"

4. Double click "INCLUDE ZXMEWU04" and add code like below.

&----

*& Include ZXMEWU04

&----

E_NO_SOURCE = 'X'.

5. test the system.

Cheers,

BJ-Thailand