cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation to ERP6.0 EHP4 from 4.7 110 Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My client wanted to upgrade there Existing SAP 4.7 110 to ERP6.0 EHP 4. below is what information I have : -

Current Operation System - Windows Server 2003 32 bit

Target Operationg System - Windows Server 2008 64 bit

Current Database - SQL 2000 SP3

Targer Database - ??? they are asking if they can do on SQL 2008 or SQL 2005

I think I have to Make system copy of there Existing 4.7 Server to New Server(in which Windows 2008 64 bit is installed)to make existing 4.7 Server on Windows Server 2008 64 bit.

Then I have to upgrade the Database SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 or SQL 2008 which ever is possible.

Then I have to Upgrade SAP.

Do i need to do some extra steps in system copy part to make existing 4.7 work on windows Server 2008 64 bit ?

I will definately take Export /Import Meothe because I think one is the Safer meothed.But what extra steps i need to do in this case?

How to Database upgrade in SQL ??

Detach / Attach meothed?

Will Sap R/34.7 on SQL 2000 SP3 work on Windows Server 2008 64 bit ??

Kindly help me with the procedure.

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you read

Note 960769 - Windows: Migration from 32-bit to 64-bit (x86_64)

which will answer all of your questions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thanks for the response.

below is what written in the note :

*To migrate an SAP system from Windows 32-bit to 64-bit (x86_64), you must make a homogenous system copy for which the

target system is installed on a 64-bit operating system*

After the migration to the 64-bit hardware, your SAP system may have a status that is not supported by SAP for productive use (see Note 814834).

You may need to upgrade to a new SAP release. In this exceptional circumstance, SAP offers support for the duration of the upgrade. Note that SAP does not support a longer, more productive use of such a system for the period after the migration and before the upgrade.

We do not recommend a reverse procedure (upgrade to the new target release with subsequent migration to the 64-bit hardware) since the upgrade to the new high-performance 64-bit hardware is significantly quicker.

I have few Questions :

Do i have to do simple homogeneous copy procedure like ..

1) I will take the Export of my source System that is having 640 Kernel resource.

2) I will install SQL 2000 on the target system

3) I will Start installation of R/3 4.7 110 and while Installing database instance I will select the option of System copy /R3load procedure.

This is what we do when we do the normal System copy Is that is what i need to do here as well ??

Anything Extra I have to do to convert my file 32 bit to 64 bit ??

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you proceed I have to add a few things:

You can't use Windows 2008:

Note 1054740 - SAP System Installation on Windows Server 2008

<...>

SAP products prior to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 are not supported on Windows Server 2008.

<...>

SQL Server 2008 is also not possible (http://service.sap.com/pam)

What I would do:

- install Windows 2003 x64

- install SQL Server 2005 x64

- install central instance

- exchange the kernel with the latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel

- install the database using the system copy entry in sapinst (backup/restore)

- restore the SQL Server 2000 database

- do post processing

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

This is what written there .at PAM>SAP ECC6.0>Database Platform.. Only SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 and higher are supported to run on Windows Server 2008.

MS SQL SERVER 2008/X86_64 WINDOWS SERVER 2008/X64 64BIT 22.01.2009 Released

My question here is ...SAP ECC6.0 SR4 on windows Server 2008 with SQL 2008 is supported or not??

and as you said

• What I would do:

- install Windows 2003 x64

- install SQL Server 2005 x64

- install central instance

- exchange the kernel with the latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel

- install the database using the system copy entry in sapinst (backup/restore)

- restore the SQL Server 2000 database

- do post processing *

I just want to know here is you are using Backup /restore meothed.....Shall I use R3load here ??IF NO then is there any specific reason for this.I am asking this because I feel comfortable to do system copies with R3load procedure(reason is.. it looks more easier meothed then Database specific meothed).

Do i have to install SQL 2000 on target system as well along with R/3 4.7 and also My source system database is SQL 2000 SP3. or I can directly install SQL 2005 and then Import My database through R3load meothed.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question here is ...SAP ECC6.0 SR4 on windows Server 2008 with SQL 2008 is supported or not??

Yes - but you can't do the upgrade on that platform.

> I just want to know here is you are using Backup /restore meothed.....Shall I use R3load here ??IF NO then is there any specific reason for this.I am asking this because I feel comfortable to do system copies with R3load procedure(reason is.. it looks more easier meothed then Database specific meothed).

You can do either of them, your choice.

A backup/restore (or detach/attach) is usually MUCH faster than doing an R3load.

> Do i have to install SQL 2000 on target system as well along with R/3 4.7 and also My source system database is SQL 2000 SP3. or I can directly install SQL 2005 and then Import My database through R3load meothed.

You can use SQL Server 2005.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I have few queries...

> > My question here is ...SAP ECC6.0 SR4 on windows Server 2008 with SQL 2008 is supported or not??

>

> Yes - but you can't do the upgrade on that platform.

>

Is that is written anywhere that We can not upgrade it to Windows server 2008 I mean SAP is not supporting Upgradation on Windows Server 2008.....client is OK with SQL 2005 but they want Windows Server 2008.

> backup/restore (or detach/attach) is usually MUCH faster than doing an R3load.

>

Yeah That's true but As i said I feel more comfortable with R3load meothd because this meothed is same for every database.

> You can use SQL Server 2005.

>

So i can do Homogenous Copy directly on SQL 2005.(that means the only thing remain in the upgradation is 4.7 to ECC6.0)

After installing central instance I will exchange the kernel with the latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel .

Is that is only required to make Server 32 bit to 64 bit ??I mean that is the only difference with the normal System Copy Procedure?

If yes then below is What I am planing to do ...well getting very less time to do this...

1)Export of Source system

2)Now on the Target System where (let's assume WIN 2003 64 bit is installed) I will Install SQL 2005 64 bit.

3)Installation of CI

4)Kernel change tp latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel .

5)Database Instance Installation where I will Select system Copy(R3load) procedure.

6)when It will ask me for Export folder I will give the Export of Source System which was taken okn Step 1.

After this I will Have My Target System as R/3 4.7 on Windows Server 2003 64 bit with SQL Server 2005.

Now I have to start SAP Upgrade.

Please correct me If i am doing any mistake.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is that is written anywhere that We can not upgrade it to Windows server 2008 I mean SAP is not supporting Upgradation on Windows Server 2008.....client is OK with SQL 2005 but they want Windows Server 2008.

What I say is: You can't do the upgrade on Windows 2008. As soon as the upgrade to ERP 6.0 is finished you can of course use Windows 2008.

http://service.sap.com/pam - here you will see that Windows 2008 is not supported to run 4.71 - which is necessary if you want to do the upgrade there.

> > backup/restore (or detach/attach) is usually MUCH faster than doing an R3load.

> >

> Yeah That's true but As i said I feel more comfortable with R3load meothd because this meothed is same for every database.

Well, I wouldn't say it like this, R3load is pretty database specific (e. g. -loadprocedure arguments are different across the databases and is acting differently) - but yes, of course you can do the system copy with R3load. Just make sure you always use the latest available tools (R3load, lib_dbsl etc.) on source and target.

> > You can use SQL Server 2005.

> >

> So i can do Homogenous Copy directly on SQL 2005.(that means the only thing remain in the upgradation is 4.7 to ECC6.0)

Yes

> After installing central instance I will exchange the kernel with the latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel .

> Is that is only required to make Server 32 bit to 64 bit ??I mean that is the only difference with the normal System Copy Procedure?

640_EX2 kernels are for newer operating systems and newer databases. They are available as 32 and 64bit.

> 1)Export of Source system

> 2)Now on the Target System where (let's assume WIN 2003 64 bit is installed) I will Install SQL 2005 64 bit.

> 3)Installation of CI

> 4)Kernel change tp latest available 6.40_EX2 64bit kernel .

> 5)Database Instance Installation where I will Select system Copy(R3load) procedure.

> 6)when It will ask me for Export folder I will give the Export of Source System which was taken okn Step 1.

>

> After this I will Have My Target System as R/3 4.7 on Windows Server 2003 64 bit with SQL Server 2005.

Exactly!

> Now I have to start SAP Upgrade.

Yes.

> Please correct me If i am doing any mistake.

You're right.

As soon as your upgrade to ERP 6.0 is finished you can upgrade Windows 2003 x64 to Windows 2008 x64.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Do I have to follow the SAP Note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for R3load Meothed.

I think I do not have to follow that because as you said I just have to install SQL 2005 in the target system.In that it is mentioned that the minimum basis support package levels to run on SQL Server 2005 are:

Release 4.6C -

> 53

Release 6.20 -

> 57

Release 6.40 -

> 15

My Source System SAP_BASIS release is 620 and the patch level is 0047. and also my source system Patch level of Software component release is quite old.

and also there are so many database dependent notes are there do i have to follow each and every note ...either I use R3load or Backup /Restore.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My Source System SAP_BASIS release is 620 and the patch level is 0047. and also my source system Patch level of Software component release is quite old.

Yes - so you can't (yet) migrate to SQL Server 2005. In that case I'd install SQL 2000 (32bit), do the system copy. You then have two possibilities:

- do the upgrade on SQL Server 2000 32bit (which I would not do --> slow)

- upgrade the system to the required support package level, upgrade to SQL Server 2005 (64bit) and do the upgrade then

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Yes - so you can't (yet) migrate to SQL Server 2005. In that case I'd install SQL 2000 (32bit), do the system copy. You then have two possibilities:

>

> - do the upgrade on SQL Server 2000 32bit (which I would not do --> slow)

> - upgrade the system to the required support package level, upgrade to SQL Server 2005 (64bit) and do the upgrade then

>

So What looks more safe to me is to apply Basis Patch level upto Release 6.20 -

> 57 on the source system and then I can take the export of source ....In this case i can only install SQL 2005 on my target system ..correct me if I am wrong..

I am having Export of source system on Basis Patch release 6.20 --->47. So i think that is of no use now.

Is there any other Alternative of this???

Plus I am not able to find that document of Doing System copy directly on SQL 2005 (by R3load).I am getting the document of doing Upgradation to SQL 2005 by Backup/ Restore and then detach -Attach meothed. Can you help me on this ..

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So What looks more safe to me is to apply Basis Patch level upto Release 6.20 -

> 57 on the source system and then I can take the export of source ....In this case i can only install SQL 2005 on my target system ..correct me if I am wrong..

> I am having Export of source system on Basis Patch release 6.20 --->47. So i think that is of no use now.

Yes - exactly, you can't import it into SQL 2005.

> Is there any other Alternative of this???

I'd though go for backup/restore (or detach/attach) - much faster and much easier.

> Plus I am not able to find that document of Doing System copy directly on SQL 2005 (by R3load).I am getting the document of doing Upgradation to SQL 2005 by Backup/ Restore and then detach -Attach meothed. Can you help me on this ..

There is no document for this (why should there?) You do a system copy using R3load where the source system is SQL 2000 and the target SQL 2005. The export is not aware of the database nor of the version. So basically that is no "migration" but just a plain system copy using a differetn version on the source than on the target.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

> Yes - exactly, you can't import it into SQL 2005.

>

So what I am doing now I am updating my SAP_basis upto 60(as per note 57 is minimum required for 620)

It will take some time for now because I am on Patch level 47 right now and also i need permission for this as well but I have SAP note 799058 in which it is clearly written that we have to apply minimum SAP Basis Patch to 57.

As of now what i know is I have to Apply below SAP notes to make my SAP system R/3 4.7 on SQL 2005 64 bit : -

1.SAP Note 825146 - Add. info. on upgrading to SAP

2.SAP Note 961591 - SQL error 1750 when you import during homogenous migration.

3.SAP Note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005

4.960769 - Windows: Migration from 32-bit to 64-bit (x86_64)

5.SAP Note 1292069 - Add. info. on upgrading to SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 SR1 ABAP

I am doing the R3load Meothed still I have to apply all the above notes and also I am on SQL2000 SP3 ..Do i have to apply SP4 of SQL 2000 as well ???

>

> I'd though go for backup/restore (or detach/attach) - much faster and much easier.

>

Yeah, but it looks more complicated because in this We have to install both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 on target system and then do the Detach/Attach activity. but as you said in Export-Import meothed we just have to install SQL 2005 on target system and it will automatically adjust the Export according to Database 2005.

Please add if i am mising any SAP note or any other critical thing which may halt my upgradation..I mean if any thing else is required.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am doing the R3load Meothed still I have to apply all the above notes and also I am on SQL2000 SP3 ..Do i have to apply SP4 of SQL 2000 as well ???

It's always a good idea to use the latest service packs.

Make sure you use the latest kernel and especially latest migration tools (R3load, R3szchk, R3ldctl, lib_dbls) on source and target system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I guess you were on off yesterday and day before yesterday

>

> It's always a good idea to use the latest service packs.

>

> Make sure you use the latest kernel and especially latest migration tools (R3load, R3szchk, R3ldctl, lib_dbls) on source and target system.

Well after applying SAP_basis Patches I've taken the Export of my Source system yesterday night.but My SQL 2000 is on SP3 not on SP4 but i think we can upgrade from SP3 as well

My kernel Version is 640 and i am on 175 patch level on the source system.

On the Target system(which is Win 2003 64 bit) I did the the installation of SQL 2005 64 bit with SP3 but when i am trying to run the SAPINST I am getting the error :

Can not find the path Specified .

Copy Sapinst ......

This may last several minutes.

Can not copy files "E\sapinst\SAPINST\NT\AMD64\SAPCAR.EXE" to directory "C:\Document \....Local\TEMP\SAPinst

press any key to continue ...

It's not going forward from here ....

Well i am not able to understand either my Environment variable is incorrect or is this the problem with my Java ?

My environment variable is : JAVA_HOME

value : C:\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64

This is the only env variable which i've set....and this is i always do...

Is my java is unsupported to R/3 4.7 110 ....

I've downloaded the SAP INSTALLATION MASTER Software from service marketplace ..CD no. is 51019898.

IS this is correct.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My kernel Version is 640 and i am on 175 patch level on the source system.

I'd check if there were produced any patches for R3load etc. after the patch 175 (check the date in the service marketplace).

> Can not copy files "E\sapinst\SAPINST\NT\AMD64\SAPCAR.EXE" to directory "C:\Document \....Local\TEMP\SAPinst

> press any key to continue ...

that may be a permission problem. Check sapinst_dev.log for possible problems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> that may be a permission problem. Check sapinst_dev.log for possible problems.

>

I am running SAPINST from windows administrator ..never had such kind of issue earlier...

Regards,,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am running SAPINST from windows administrator ..never had such kind of issue earlier...

That doesn't mean anything. Not everything is execute as the user you're logged on (on Windows there are two more users), sapinst does user/context switches.

Check the logfile what is the reason.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

file (sapinst_dev.log) is not created yet.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is all really strange.

What's just above the "Can not find the path Specified ." in the logfile?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no such log file.....

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

??

You posted some output - where did it come from and what do you see before that error message?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

That is really strange for me as well ....facing very first time this issue...

>

> You posted some output - where did it come from and what do you see before that error message?

>

That is on my screen when i am executing setup.cmd

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> That is on my screen when i am executing setup.cmd

setup.cmd? You're using the R3SETUP CD set?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> setup.cmd? You're using the R3SETUP CD set?

>

I've downloaded the software from service marketplace that is :

Cd no. -51019898 --- CD R3E 4.70 SR1 (U) Master Inst SQL IA64

I am not getting the option for X64 there .....

I think this software is correct and now what is written in SAP Standard document is

3. Run Setup.cmd from the following path:

<CD drive>:\SAPinst\NT

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I've downloaded the software from service marketplace that is :

> Cd no. -51019898 --- CD R3E 4.70 SR1 (U) Master Inst SQL IA64

IA64 means "Itanium"

x64 (or x86_64 or AMD64) means "Intel or AMD processor with 64bit extension"

Both are not compatible - and that's the reason why the setup fails.

The "U" means "Unicode" - is you current installation Unicode?

Use the 640 sapinst (to do the export, there is no 4.71 installation for 64bit:

51033746_15 	Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on x64 64bit

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> The "U" means "Unicode" - is you current installation Unicode?

>

Yes My current installation is Unicode.....even my source system is also unicode(that's why i do not have to do Unicode Conversion)

> Use the 640 sapinst (to do the export, there is no 4.71 installation for 64bit:

>

>

51033746_15 	Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on x64 64bit

>

I've already taken the export from the CD -51019652 CD SAP R3E 47* 110 SR1 SAPINST MSSQLSRV

and it was succussful with out any issues.

and as you said there is no 4.71 installation for 64 bit

then why is the setup of cd -51019898 -- CD R3E 4.70 SR1(U) Master Inst SQL IA64 is there on Marketplace ??

Is that is only for itanium based Servers?

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Goswami on Aug 17, 2009 3:55 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I've already taken the export from the CD -51019652 CD SAP R3E 47* 110 SR1 SAPINST MSSQLSRV

That is 32bit - yes.

> and as you said there is no 4.71 installation for 64 bit

> then why is the setup of cd -51019898 -- CD R3E 4.70 SR1(U) SAPINST MSSQLSRV is there on Marketplace ??

Again: IA64 is ITANIUM-2 processor - this is a different architecture and not compatible with x64.

You don'T need to use a 4.71 DVD for export and import, you can use the generic Netweaver DVDs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> That is 32bit - yes.

>

So that is fine ......I mean there is no issues with the EXPORT right...We can use it for the import...

>

> You don'T need to use a 4.71 DVD for export and import, you can use the generic Netweaver DVDs.

>

I am doing the Installation of 4.7 SR1 and after the CI installation I have to change the Kernel with the latest 640 EX2 .... and then after that IMPORT part will come at the DB instance time...

So now...I am downloading the 51033746_15 Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on x64 64bit ..

Downloading is already started it may take few minutes 😛

and also I have to download the kernel as well . for this 6.20/6.40 (for CI Installation ) ...so I am downloading

51030772 - "CD NW04 SR1 6.40(U) SAP kernel MSSQLSRV"

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So that is fine ......I mean there is no issues with the EXPORT right...We can use it for the import...

Yes.

>

> I am doing the Installation of 4.7 SR1 and after the CI installation I have to change the Kernel with the latest 640 EX2 .... and then after that IMPORT part will come at the DB instance time...

exactly.

> So now...I am downloading the 51033746_15 Installation Master 6.20/6.40 Windows Server on x64 64bit ..

> Downloading is already started it may take few minutes 😛

>

> and also I have to download the kernel as well . for this 6.20/6.40 (for CI Installation ) ...so I am downloading

>

> 51030772 - "CD NW04 SR1 6.40(U) SAP kernel MSSQLSRV"

You'll need

51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86

I must admit, I have no clue why SAP names this CD as "x86" but it's the correct one. The other (51030772) is only for 32bit.

That DVD is just "temporary" - because after the installation of the CI you'll install the latest 640_EX2 kernel by overwriting the already installed kernel. Then make sure you deleselect "unpack kernel" during the DB installation. With that procedure you'll make sure you use the latest tools.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> You'll need

>

>

51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86

>

> I must admit, I have no clue why SAP names this CD as "x86" but it's the correct one. The other (51030772) is only for 32bit.

>

> That DVD is just "temporary" - because after the installation of the CI you'll install the latest 640_EX2 kernel by overwriting the already installed kernel. Then make sure you deleselect "unpack kernel" during the DB installation. With that procedure you'll make sure you use the latest tools.

>

> Good luck! Keep us posted!

>

Thank you ... Markus

I was just reading SAP note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 .In the II and III section its written that ..

1.For ABAP or ABAP+JAVA systems with basis release 6.40 or earlier: Drop

SAP stored procedures in the database with the stored procedure

"sap_droproc". Run the following statements in the SAP database with

the QueryAnalyzer:

use <SID>

go

setuser '<sid>'

go

exec sap_droproc

go

This takes some time depending on the speed of the server. A rate of

at least 150000 stored procedures per hour should be expected. To

check how many stored procedures will be dropped, run the statement:

select count(*) from sysobjects where name like 'Y%'

If your database has many such stored procedures, you may have to

schedule a separate downtime to achieve this.

Is this apply to My meothed as well as i am migrating my database to SQL 2005 ..if yes then When we have to Drop

SAP stored procedures in the database ...before EXPORT ???

and also

2.Execute the following commands in the SQL Server 2005 Management

Studio (connect with a db administrator login):

-

use <SID> -- where <SID> is your SAP database

go

EXEC sp_updatestats

go

-

It takes some time to replace the old SQL Server 2000 index statistics

with new SQL Server 2005 statistics. You can run this while the SAP

system is online...

I think the second one we have to do that is neccessary but i am not sure about first one.

and after upgrading to SQL 2005 I'll apply Note 879941 - Configuration Parameters for SQL Server 2005....

any other thing which you think i might be missing???

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thank you ... Markus

You're welcome.

> I was just reading SAP note 799058 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 .In the II and III section its written that ..

> 1.For ABAP or ABAP+JAVA systems with basis release 6.40 or earlier: Drop

> SAP stored procedures in the database with the stored procedure

This is if you upgrade or migrate using backup/restore or detach/attach. It's not necessary for R3load based migrations (means, if you have a database build/running on SQL Server 2000 and you attach it to an SQL Server 2005).

> and also

> 2.Execute the following commands in the SQL Server 2005 Management

> Studio (connect with a db administrator login):

> I think the second one we have to do that is neccessary but i am not sure about first one.

Yes - statistics should be updated.

> and after upgrading to SQL 2005 I'll apply Note 879941 - Configuration Parameters for SQL Server 2005....

Yes - correct.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

well ..Installation master Software is downloaded ...after Running Sapinst I am getting the option of SAP R3E 4.7 Set 2 SR1

Note 899111 - Installing R3 4.7SR1 (47X110) on x64 Windows Platform -

In this note it is mentioned that we have to use 640 release Installation Master Cd's ...(as you already told me this but just for the reference of others this is the note(899111))

Do i have to set Env. variable BCP_LOB = 1 ??? that is for Fast load processing.

and when I am applying the Kernel Patch 640 Ex2 ...SAP services are not coming up ..looking in to this issue will get back whenever I will solve this problem.

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Goswami on Aug 17, 2009 6:54 PM

Edited by: Rohit Goswami on Aug 17, 2009 8:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So i've upgraded the kernel to 274 but that 640 EX1 not EX2 ....Services are not coming up when i am trying to upgrade to EX2 so I think 640 EX1 is supported ...

and also I am not setting BCP_LOB = 1 ...as i am not sure about this Env. variable.

I am OK with Slow load

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If services "are not coming up" please check the Windows event log. Also make sure, that if you exchange the kernel, that all services are stopped and all MMCs are closed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If services "are not coming up" please check the Windows event log. Also make sure, that if you exchange the kernel, that all services are stopped and all MMCs are closed.

>

Hi Markus,

Hope you are doing well...

When i am updating kernel to 640 EX2 I can see the below errors in event log while starting Services :

1.Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

2.DCOM got error "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. " attempting to start the service SAPSND_00 with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:{EFC29CC0-A03C-11D0-A1F2-0000F62893CC}

3.Generate Activation Context failed for E:\usr\sap\SND\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

4.The SAPSND_00 service failed to start due to the following error:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Yes Services were stopped and SAP MMC is also closed...

But I am getting No error when I am upgrading to 640 EX1 64 bit kernel...

I think in the error it is written that application configuration is incorrect may that is because 640 EX2 is not supported.. I am not sure.

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1.Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

> I think in the error it is written that application configuration is incorrect may that is because 640 EX2 is not supported.. I am not sure.

Of course it is supported - you need to install the dependent Microsoft library because those kernels were built with a newer compiler which requires a new runtime library. You need to install that anyway for the 7.00 kernels (upgrade).

Check

Note 1058988 - 640_EX2-Kernels

see section "Windows".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ..Markus,

I followed the note 1058988 - 640_EX2 Kernels &

684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

After applying that not I am able to Upgrade the Kernel to 640_EX2 kernel ...

Now i am just about to start Database Instance..as you mentioned earlier that

That DVD is just "temporary" - because after the installation of the CI you'll install the latest 640_EX2 kernel by overwriting the already installed kernel. Then make sure you deleselect "unpack kernel" during the DB installation. With that procedure you'll make sure you use the latest tools

Deselect Unpack Kernel....Not getting the option of Deselect kernel while installing Database instance..(this option we get in 6.0 installation normally).

and also Shall i set the Env Variable = BCP_LOB = 1 ???

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Deselect Unpack Kernel....Not getting the option of Deselect kernel while installing Database instance..(this option we get in 6.0 installation normally).

Ok - then leave it as it is.

> and also Shall i set the Env Variable = BCP_LOB = 1 ???

Yes - I'd do that. And I'd make sure that I select "advanced configuration" in screen where you enter the number of R3load processes and then add "-loadprocedure fast" in the load section.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Ok - then leave it as it is.

but during the Database instance installation it's asking me kernel DVD so i have to e the path of kernel Which kernel it should be ???

Is that one which we have already used during CI Installation ?? 51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86

If I will do this then I think I am again using the kernel of Old version ....which will overwrite..

>

> > and also Shall i set the Env Variable = BCP_LOB = 1 ???

>

> Yes - I'd do that. And I'd make sure that I select "advanced configuration" in screen where you enter the number of R3load processes and then add "-loadprocedure fast" in the load section.

>

What if i will not set this Environment Variable and keep the settings default ?? Is that any problem with ..as i know it would be slower if I will not set the Env. variable BCP_LOB = 1. but that is OK with me ...

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is that one which we have already used during CI Installation ?? 51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86

Yes.

> If I will do this then I think I am again using the kernel of Old version ....which will overwrite..

I'd do the following:

- copy the directory NTAMD64 after the CI installation to e. g. NTAMD64.1

- as soon as the kernel unpack is finished (phase "create database") rename the current (old) kernel to NTAMD64.old

- rename NTAMD64.1 to NTAMD64

Then you will do the loading with the new kernel.

> What if i will not set this Environment Variable and keep the settings default ?? Is that any problem with ..as i know it would be slower if I will not set the Env. variable BCP_LOB = 1. but that is OK with me ...

You don't need it - then the fastloader is not used but if you can live with that - ok.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> - copy the directory NTAMD64 after the CI installation to e. g. NTAMD64.1

> - as soon as the kernel unpack is finished (phase "create database") rename the current (old) kernel to NTAMD64.old

> - rename NTAMD64.1 to NTAMD64

>

> Then you will do the loading with the new kernel.

>

It's bit confusing ...after installing CI I was on 51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86

-Then I did the Kernel Upgradation to 640_EX2

so according to you 640_EX2 = NTAMD64 ??you are telling me make a copy of NTAMD64(upgraded Kernel 640_EX2) to NTAMD64.1

Now when i will install database instance it will ask me for Kernel CD I will give the path of 51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86 ...and when it will reach the phase create database I'll stop the installation and make the NTAMD64 to NTAMD64.old(according to me NTAMD64 is now having the executable of 51031283 CD ) and NTAMD64.1 to NTAMD64 ...

I have to stop the services as well I think.... it's bit confusing now.....

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Goswami on Aug 18, 2009 3:29 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> so according to you 640_EX2 = NTAMD64 ??you are telling me make a copy of NTAMD64(upgraded Kernel 640_EX2) to NTAMD64.1

yes

> Now when i will install database instance it will ask me for Kernel CD I will give the path of 51031283 CD NW04 SR1 6.40 (U) Kernl MSSQL WIN x86 ...and when it will reach the phase create database I'll stop the installation and make the NTAMD64 to NTAMD64.old(according to me NTAMD64 is now having the executable of 51031283 CD ) and NTAMD64.1 to NTAMD64 ...

Don't "stop the installation" - just rename the directories so that the 640_EX2 kernel is in NTAMD64 and the unpacked kernel from the DVD is in a different directory. The goal is, that the R3load is done using the new 640_EX2 kernel.

> I have to stop the services as well I think.... it's bit confusing now.....

No - they will be restarted neverless in a later phase of the installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Don't "stop the installation" - just rename the directories so that the 640_EX2 kernel is in NTAMD64 and the unpacked kernel from the DVD is in a different directory. The goal is, that the R3load is done using the new 640_EX2 kernel.

>

Well...I have to do this while installation (phase = create database) is going on ......are you sure installation will not give error ..

I've never done that before...that's why i am not sure about this...

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Well...I have to do this while installation (phase = create database) is going on ......are you sure installation will not give error ..

If you're "fast enough" you won't get an error. if you get an error and the installation halts, just retry I've done this a lot of times before.

I find it just more convenient than to build a kernel DVD myself

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> If you're "fast enough" you won't get an error. if you get an error and the installation halts, just retry I've done this a lot of times before.

>

I did Exactly the same ..within 5 seconds....I've changed both run and NTAMD64 .... ..

well Database load phase is going on now.. but when i am checking the log files like SAPCLUST.LOG there is one erro..one process is finished with errors :

(DB) INFO: PCDCLS created

(DB) INFO: PCDCLS~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of PCDCLS completed (0 rows) #20090818194829

(DB) INFO: REGUC created

(DB) INFO: REGUC~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of REGUC completed (0 rows) #20090818194830

(DB) INFO: RFBLG created

(DB) INFO: RFBLG~0 created

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1596: inconsistent field count detected.

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1599: nametab says field count (TDESCR) is 304.

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1602: alternate nametab says field count (TDESCR) is 305.

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1270: unable to retrieve nametab info for logic table BSEG .

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 8161: unable to retrieve nametab info for logic table BSEG .

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 2687: failed to convert cluster data of cluster item.

myCluster: RFBLG *400**1000**0100000000**2004*

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 324: error during conversion of cluster item.

myCluster (55.21.Imp): 327: affected physical table is RFBLG.

(CNV) ERROR: data conversion failed. rc = 2

(DB) INFO: RFMHN created

(DB) INFO: RFMHN~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of RFMHN completed (0 rows) #20090818194830

(DB) INFO: RKEPI created

(DB) INFO: RKEPI~0 created

(IMP) INFO: import of RKEPI completed (0 rows) #20090818194830

(DB) INFO: SFHOA created

(DB) INFO: SFHOA~0 created

Any idea ??

I am looking into SAP note - : 967124

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Goswami on Aug 18, 2009 4:37 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I did Exactly the same ..within 5 seconds....I've changed both run and NTAMD64 .... ..

good!

> well Database load phase is going on now.. but when i am checking the log files like SAPCLUST.LOG there is one erro..one process is finished with errors :

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1596: inconsistent field count detected.

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1599: nametab says field count (TDESCR) is 304.

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1602: alternate nametab says field count (TDESCR) is 305.

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 1270: unable to retrieve nametab info for logic table BSEG .

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 8161: unable to retrieve nametab info for logic table BSEG .

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 2687: failed to convert cluster data of cluster item.

> myCluster: RFBLG *400**1000**0100000000**2004*

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 324: error during conversion of cluster item.

> myCluster (55.21.Imp): 327: affected physical table is RFBLG.

> (CNV) ERROR: data conversion failed. rc = 2

There seems to be an inconsistency in the export

Note 902817 - Inconsistencies in cluster tables (log vs phys field name)

describes the problem - although you're not converting to Unicode (since the source system apparently is already Unicode). I'd check the table according to that note.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me check this note ..seems like i have to take the export again ..whole process again

Stopping the Import now.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

As per SAP note - 967124

The problem is caused by incorrect data which should have been removed from the source system before the export.

Use one of the following workarounds:

1.Modify DDL<dbs>.TPL (<dbs> = ADA, DB2, DB4, DB6, IND, MSS, ORA) before the R3load TSK files are generated; search for the keyword "negdat:" and add "CLU4" and "VER_CLUSTR" to this line.

2.Modify the TSK file (most probably SAPCLUST.TSK) before the R3load import is (re-)started; search for the lines starting with "D CLU4 I" and "D VER_CLUSTR I" and change the status (i.e. "err" or "xeq") to "ign" or remove the lines.

shall I try the second meothed because if this error solved by this then I do not have to do the whole process again....

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As per SAP note - 967124

> 2.Modify the TSK file (most probably SAPCLUST.TSK) before the R3load import is (re-)started; search for the lines starting with "D CLU4 I" and "D VER_CLUSTR I" and change the status (i.e. "err" or "xeq") to "ign" or remove the lines.

>

> shall I try the second meothed because if this error solved by this then I do not have to do the whole process again....

Yes - you can try that. I'd though check in the target system - once it's build up - if the clusters are correct.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

By Modifying the TSK file (most probably SAPCLUST.TSK) before the R3load import is (re-)started; search for the lines starting with "D CLU4 I" and "D VER_CLUSTR I" and change the status (i.e. "err" or "xeq") to "ign" or remove the lines i am leaving this tables from import ..or what is exactly doing ....

I think i have to search for RFBLG because my error Physical affected table is RFBLG ...

I am not able to find D RFBLG .. but i can see RFBLG with err status ... So do i have to change the status of this to ign ??

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am not able to find D RFBLG .. but i can see RFBLG with err status ... So do i have to change the status of this to ign ??

yes.

Markus