cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am trying to print the "BarCode-C128B_00" in one of the SAP Scripts.

In the print preview I am able to see the barcode, but when I print on the printer it is coming as a text only.

Basically I am a ABAP Consultant & I don't know the settings in SE73 & SPAD.

Looking forward for your kind attention to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Alll you have to Do check with ur BASIS consultant and discuss this issue , he can resolve the issue asap.

This is a most frequent issue and these type of issues can be handled by the BASIS team .

its mostly the Printer settings and its capability to print BARCODES or not.

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the following links:

Regards,

Dhanalakshmi L

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the model of the printer that u r using? is it correct installed? u need to check that through SPAD, try to change the device of the printer. But u dont know so much how to do it, ask for a basis or abap with some knowledge about it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please suggest your valauble ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Firstly check the device type of the printer profile u r using in SAP ....Go to SPAD enter the printer profile u use in output device and click on display, now make sure that the printer profile has device type SAPWIN, frontend printer.

if this does not solves ur issue....read below.

As outlined in Note 5196, SAPscript supports printing bar codes if barcode functions are supported by the output device being used (for example, a printer which is able to print barcodes or barcode software).

The number of characters which are coded in a barcode are limited for one dimensional barcodes which are supported in SAPscript.

Therefore SAPscript has an upper limit of 70 characters which can be maximally transferred as data to be output for a barcode.

Because 2-D barcodes such as PDF417 are used to encode substantially larger datasets (between a few hundred to more than one thousand lines per barcode), problems occur in SAPscript when you use this "large" barcode data.

This note serves to demonstrate a practical workaround to avoid this restriction.

The following products are supported for printing 1-D or 2-D barcodes from SAPscript to laser printers (Note 5196):

JetMobile Intelligent Bar Code SIMM for hp LaserJet printers (Note 121305)

Printing 2-D bar codes with label printers:

Note 135894 gives information on printing labels from SAPscript. The printer/label programs mentioned in the related notes usually support printing 2-D bar codes.

Regards,

Akash Rana