cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Access to WDA Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm presently achieving the anonymous access to a WDA application by hardcoding a user id and pwd in the service (SICF transaction). The user is defined as a communication user.

Is there any other way of setting up a WDA application for anonymous access. Please advice/share.

Regds,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please can you let me know how the service was setup on SICF as I would like to use a Communications User on one of our applictions on the SAP Netweaver Portal to access data in the SAP backend system that is linked to the Portal.

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Be very careful with providing anonymous access. Although technically very easy to do, many customers will find that doing this is a violation of the license agreement. Of course licesnsing matters should be discussed directly with your account executive, but the vast majority of licesne agreements don't cover such anonymous access to SAP data or business logic. Better to find out up front than later during a license audit after the application is already in use.

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, this is not possible. Hardcoding it in SICF is one way. Is there any specific reason why you want to provide anonymous access?

KK