cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP exists but no vendor attached in PPOMA_BBP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I replicated some vendors (one by one) using bbpgetvd in SRM 5.0 a few days ago. I did these one after the other, relatively quickly. After vendor # 1 was replicated, when the request to replicate vendor #2 was submitted, my user ID had the vendor root locked(likely from the replication job of vendor 1 still in process).

Because of this, the BP was created, but the vendor was not replicated. This BP code needs to be associated with this vendor, but I can not replicate the vendor now, because in bbpgetvd, it says the bp already exists. However, in ppoma_bbp the vendor technically does not exist. The structure shows a bp number with a blank vendor name and no vendor details.

I need to delete this bp, but I can't in PPOMA_BBP, it is not found in BUT000. I had the org structure unlocked, and I was able to replicated the other vendors using the vendor sync job. The vendor associated with this vendor did not replicate this was either.

Anyone have any ideas?!?!?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

All vendors must be available in PPOMV_BBP rather than PPOMA_BBP.(SRM 5.0 ie EBP 5.5)

PPOMA_BBP- purchasing organisation structure

PPOMV_BBP - vendor organisation structure

all vendors must be in VENMAP TABLE.

If you want to delete the vendor BP. you can use BUPA_TEST_DELETE report.

i could not understand how locking happens in organisation structure.

good luck.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

br mathu.

Thanks for the reply. That was an error on my part, I am actually referring to PPOSV_BBP, not PPOMA_BBP for vendor org structure.

I'll try to remove the bp using BUPA_TEST_DELETE report and let you know how that goes.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From srm side BP (vendor) will be deleted permanently if you execute that report.

that report is used for any BP (internal, external too).

again you may require to pull by BBPGETVD

and it will be available in VENMAP / BUT000 tables.

before deleeting drill down ppomv_bbp and check.

hope you have assigned internal no range ..while pulling vendor record.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

muthu,

Can you provide me with more details on this report. I am able to access it, but I am very unfamiliar with it. What do I select / input?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Which report?

delete report ? you can supply BP number of vendor you want to delte permanently.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run BUPA_TEST_DELETE, but that BP code does not exist, therefore I can not delete the code. There has to be an index table or something BBPGETVD is referencing that has this BP stored in it. Do you have any ideas what this table could be, or how it could be edited?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

If VENMAP and BUT000 tables do not have any data for your concerned supplier, this means neither vendor nor its partner were created.

So, you can run BBPGETVD transaction to replicate your supplier.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem was resolved internally, thanks for all of the ideas and help!

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

And what was your solution ?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, in case after vendors replication from R/3 to SRM, table VENMAP in correctly updated but VENDOR_NO is linked by its PARTNER_GUID to the wrong PARTNER in BUT000, entry in VENMAP must be deleted.

I advise you to do this ONLY IF no purchasing documents were created with this vendor.

For this:

- fill in VENDOR_NO with vendor number in VENMAP table (SE16),

- double click on row selected,

- start debug with '/h' then click twice 'Enter',

- in debugging, change value of field name 'CODE' from 'SHOW' to 'DELE',

- execute the progam,

- click on the 'Delete Entry'.

Once it is done, run BBPGETVD transaction but you have to unset 'Address Comparison to Identitfy Duplicates' check-box.

In this way, vendor with R/3 number is created in VENMAP and the corresponding PARTNER is also created in BUT000 with same vendor number (external for SRM point of view).

Second, one thing to know is if vendor in R/3 has a plant assignment in purchasing data view ( XK03 transaction), the replication is not allowed.

To be able to make the vendor replication in this case, either delete this value in vendor purchasing data view (and put it again after replication), or manage fields WERKR and WEKRS (changing parameter CT_LFA ) using methods PREPARE_REPLICATION_DATA and/or PREPARE_UPDATE_DATA from BAdI BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP.

Edited by: Eric Friedeberg on Aug 20, 2009 8:42 PM

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The original thread:

[BBPGETVD updates VENMAP but not BUT000 (Business Partners)|;

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have 2 ques here on this thread..

Ques1 Does the report BUPA_TEST_DELETE can also delete the vendors if some purchasing documents like shopping cart & PO have alreday been created for this vendor in the SRMsystem.

Ques2 : - We replicated 1 vendor via BBPGETVD with option as "if r/3 number assignment is not possible :internal number assignment " and vendor get replicated correctly.We created some SCs & POs as well by using this vendor. After some time , the issue came that this vendor was not extended to the one of the required PORgs in R/3 as we thought of updating this vendor via BBPUPDVD again, we were unable to do this as it was showing some error. We thought of deleting this vendor manually as well.

Do you think here this report can delete this vendor which has a different internal number in SRM as compared to BP number in r/3?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards.

PratibhaJ