cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Related Doubts??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For PI & solution manager why we use SLD API & not RFC to send data to the SLD??What's the use of SLDDSUSER??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has a very good guide titled SLD Planning that will answer many of your questions. It is on the installation page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLDDsuser is used to connect to SLD ad this user has LcrInstanceWriterAll role assigned.whith this user your system communicated with the SLD.

We use Xi system to cannect other system to the Sld.

As far as i know SLD is connected to XI and through XI ECC and BI and other system connect sld.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we have 2 SLDs in our DEV landscape.One Installed in PI & the other in EP.Why 2 SLDS??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that XI consultant wanted saperate SLD for XI to avoid confusion and a SLD only for XI related user and business system to avoid confusion.

YOu need to talk to the XI consultant for that in you landscape. Are you usng many third part components

Thnaks

Rishi Abrol

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

As far as I know i think you are using 3-tier SLD architecture in which XI, portal system has their own local SLD. And they they in turns send data to main SLD.

The main benefit of this approach is that if your central SLD is down then it will not effect the working of PI and portal.

Thanks

Sunny

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley

There can be multiple good reasons for having more SLDs. One can be availability: XI is a SLD client and need to be able to resolve i.e. Business System names - if it was configured to use EP SLD then this would endanger availability of the XI scenarios if EP (and therefore also SLD) is down (planned or unplanned).

Another reason can be release dependencies: If for instance XI is release 7.00 and EP is 6.40 then it is generally not supported that XI as a SLD client (7.00) uses a SLD of a lower release - or visa versa.

So there can be many considerations behind such decisions.

To be able to review the SLD-landscape we actually need all information about your landscape:

1) All systems and their release

2) All SLDs

3) Which SLD do each system connect to as SLD data supplier

4) Which SLD do each system use in its role as a SLD client

5) Which syncronisation-mechanism's are in use between which SLD's

Best regards

Tom Bo