cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client looking to connect a product to SAP. Looking at the requirement it strikes me tht he would benefit from a standard interface from his product to SAP and that we might be able to develop a toolset to flexibly manage this "last mile" of connectivity not just for his, but for other commercial and home grown applications. These applications are not going to go away and are going to continue to be used as to complement to existing integration infrastructure from SAP. Is there any way to work with SAP to build this connectivity, any way to get an API or other interface speciifcation form SAP or any way for the final result to be certified as interconnecting to SAP?

Note:I asked this question two weeks ago when I registered with SAP, was promised a response and have seen nothing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question was asked here and directly to SAP customer support with identical results

/irony on

I wish to thank SAP and the members of this forum for their helpfulness, insight and willingness to share.

/irony off

This process pretty well demonstrated future directions to my client and myself. It looks like because of the answers we got her and elsewere we have been sucessful in convincing the end client not to adopt SAP. Just as no man is an island, in this day and age, no software package is an island. As the end client wanted confidence that interopertion will be possible he is going another route.

The fact that nobody can get an answer to a question before a sale is a great measure of how a comoany treats its customer later, after they have turned over their money.