cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP_EXCEPTION - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm getting the following error whicle executing my soap scenaraio.

"Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Server was unable to process request. ---> Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s"

Its IDOC to SOAP scenario.

can some one tell me what might be missing. its not anything to with the data, as we tried extracting the output message from moni and using in the application and it works. we also tried sending a blank idoc and the error is same. so, conclusion is the parameter is not any data in the message but something to do with the soap message setting.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Take the Connection URL of the webservice and put it in Explorer to check if you can successfully get connected to Client server through webservice.

Then

Try ot send the same request through SOAP UI tool or Altova XML SPY and check if that works fine.

Even if that does not work fine check with your Third Party receiving the SOAP request to check at their end . If their ports are open to receive the request.

I hope it helps you to proceed further.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this SOAP Action in receiver communication channel is missing.

Please provide the paramters used in receiver Channel

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

i've provided URL, soap action, also checked 'Use query string' option. checing/unchecing it is not making any difference. no other check box is checked. no proxy details, no authentication details furnished,

Regards,

Rashmi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Can you paste the used parameters here? (removing actual details liek server port etc)

Also unchekc query string and give credentials of the system that you are sending the SOAP request.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suraj,

i tried opening the url in ie and manually uploading the payload. its all works perfect. error comes only when sent via XI.

the paramets are:

Receiver SOAP

Transport protocol: HTTP

Message protocol: SOAP 1.1

Connection parameters

Target URL: http://**..*.*/XIDynExchange.asmx

no check box checked

Security prameters

not checked

Conversion parameter

no checkbox checked

soap action: http://***.org/SendXMLMsgSA