Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict change type in CC31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a new requirement in which I need to restrict change types in txn CC31 (Create ECR).onlya set of people should create a ECR with one change type and another set of ppl with another change type, but I am not able to find any auth object with the field CCART(Change types) to provide these restrictions .

Is creating a new auth object the only way ? please let me know if there is any other possibility or any other auth objects which can be used for the same ?

Thanks,

Nanda

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this kind of scenario... you have to make that object as authorization relevant.

create a auth object and include this object as a field and include ACTIVITY also.

then you can add this auth object manually to your role. There you can restrict the user.

Hope this would help you.

0 Kudos

> for this kind of scenario... you have to make that object as authorization relevant.

Which object?

> create a auth object and include this object as a field and include ACTIVITY also.

Include an object as a field? What/how do you mean?

> then you can add this auth object manually to your role. There you can restrict the user.

Without adding AUTHORITY-CHECK statements to the source code? Magic!

> Hope this would help you.

Oh, those hopes...... Please tell us more details about your hope because what you have posted does not make any sense to me and trust me, I am not a fresher on the subject.

0 Kudos

Looks like an attempt to use BW analysis authorizations in an APO system...

Note that in BW analysis authorizations the authority-check is not used so your standard SU53 answer will be really useless, and not just normally useless each time.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> Looks like an attempt to use BW analysis authorizations in an APO system...

That I would never have guessed. And BW analysis authorizations are still on my "to study whishlist". So I guess it was the complete irrelevance that made the answer look funny, not the answer itself. Oh, well........

0 Kudos

<off_topic>

> "to study whishlist"

This is worthwhile IMO.

As of release 7.00 the old concept is still available but not supported.

As of release 7.10 only the new concept is available for analysis authorizations...

</off_topic>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is in ECC 6.0 system, i believe that one way is to create a new auth object with change type field and assign this to the required roles and also maintain this in the source code of the CC31program with the relevant authority checks , am i right ??

But I would like to check if there is any other way too, rather than creating a new auth object.

Thanks,

Nanda

0 Kudos

Have you considered creating transaction variants?

0 Kudos

Fields of such types (e.g. document types, master data accounts, etc) are often not the same field name that you are looking for in an authorization object, but rather grouped in their master records and the authority-check is against the assigned group value.

More often than not, if no group value is assigned to a record then no check is made.

So what you can try to look for is a BEGRU type field of an object in the code and look to see where it is gettings its value from.

Might be worth a try...

Cheers,

Julius