cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming third party web service in CE7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to consume a third party webservice in NWDS 7.1. I have wsdl URL. Please help me by stating steps what all i need to do. Is there any doc/blog in place? While searching I came across a blog Link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50d70a19-45a3-2b10-bba0-807d819daf46&overridelayout=true] but when i followed the stes, using wsd,l I am getting error right on first step. Also I tried creating a model directly using URL but I am getting an error "Unable to import the model". Do I need to create proxy class for it?

Thanks and Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

if you get trouble importing a WS model via WSDL-URL, it often has one of the following reasons:

1. Eclipse does not have access to the URL. Easily happens within network environments. try ping <URL> from cmd to check if the wsdl is reachable. Workaround: download the wsdl and import from file

2. At least with 7.0 importing the wsdl started a new process in the background. If your user rights are insufficent, this may fail. Try importing with local admin rights.

Either way, you should have a log in c:temp.

check it out

hop that helps

jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I tried using local file as well but it is giving same error. This is first time I am consuming web service in WD JAVA. Please tell am I following correct procedure. Any need for proxy class generation?? If yes how to create proxy class in NWDS7.1. I found some docs for creating proxy classes in 7.0 but there are lots of differences in 7.1 and 7.0.

Regards

Pranav

Answers (0)