cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in output file generation in AL11 tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am doing one proxy to file scenario.file to be generated as a fixed length format .when i run the scenario, i am getting all the values in output payload correctly in Sxmb_moni and file is also created.But when i scroll upto last to the file generated in ALL11 directory. I am not getting whole values that generated in output payload.In my case my last value is generating in output payload but i am getting trimmed value in file generated in al11 directory.when i save this text file also in local system , i am again only getting trimmed values as seen in All11 directory.when i tried with changing any field length value before that last field with small length(size)value.I am able to see the whole output payload value in file also while scrolling in the file generated in al11 directory

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I get this answer from anurag

check the following link :

Deepak jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this Link. Same problem has been discused.

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I summed the fixed length of all fields and it's sum comes 515. But it displays me upto length 514 values in file generated in al11 only.

Please help me to reslove this issue.

Deepak jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I summed the fixed length of all fields and it's sum comes 515. But it displays me upto length 514 values in file generated in al11 only.

>

> Please help me to reslove this issue.

>

> Deepak jaiswal

Since in AL11 you can have only 256 char in a row, so I hope you will be getting 3 rows in your case. Correct??

First row 256
2nd   row 256
3rd   row   1
------------------
Total     513

So out will be 513 which is correct because from first 2 rows it has truncated 1 char from both rows. Please check your output length again to confirm.

So it is not a problem neither your's nor AL11's. When you write your file at legacy system then it will show the correct data or use FTP adapter and write the file on your local machine to see all the char.

I hope this solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I get this answer from anurag

check the following link :

Deepak jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the same by changing the file name and redo the testing

sometimes even though you change the test data the same old data will get reflected in target file may be someftp problems..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check there may be some problem in the FCC of the receiver file adapter.Check the values of the fixed lenghts given in the FCC in the file adapter.

Thanks,

Arijit Guha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In AL11 you will never find full details of file if it is of big size. Download the file on your machine and then try to compare.