cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Not generating-EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed new EHP1 solution manager system and have completed the initial and basic setup successfully.

Also Added the satellite system in SMSY and included it in the solution.

SDCCN is active in satelite systems and back RFC to Solman is generated automatically. but when i see in SDCCN- goto- task specific- RFC destinations SDCC_OSS destination was not there.

we have created that manually and then tried to create Refresh session after service preparation check and manitenance package.

BUt EWA is not getting generated..

Could anyone please help. what we are missing here.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Tripti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DearTripti

Have you perform the GotoTask-specific setting to maintained RFC destination

in satellite system with Tcode SDCCN

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the answer...

yes i have seen the task specific seetings in satellite system and both the RFC SDCC_OSS and BACK RFC are maintained already.

REgards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

it's difficult to know from your description where exactly in the chain of events needed for EWA the problem might be.

-is the Solution Manager creating EWA sessions for the satellite system?

-does the installation number and SID for the satellite in smsy match the installation number and SID in the satellite under system->status?

-are the service definitions uptodate on both Solution Manager and satellite system (note 727998)?

(Keep in mind that it if the service definitions are old on the Solution Manager, then the Solution Manager is not capable of creating EWA sessions correctly for the satellite)

-has an RFC connection to the Solution Manager been entered in SDCCN->GoTo->Settings->Task-Specific->RFC Destinations->Settings?

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David,

yes solution manager shud create EWA for satellite system which it is not doing.

installation number and SID is same in smsy as for satellite system.

service definitions are updated in both the systems as we were getting EWA reports from the old Solman system but now it not generating in new EHP1 solman.

RFC connection is maintanied too.

I have tried to create maintainance package and then refresh sessions but nothing is happening in solman.. we are not getting any reports.

still looking into the matter..

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

'yes i have seen the task specific seetings in satellite system and both the RFC SDCC_OSS and BACK RFC are maintained already'

do you think that, both of the above RFCs are necessary in task specific settings ?

It's ok if you have both of them there, but which of them is the master ? Since, you want the data to go to Solution Manager, so BACK RFC should be the Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

yes both the rfcs are necessary.. but obviuosly back rfc to solman is the master. Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I asked whether the Solution Manager was creating EWA sessions for the satellite, not whether it was creating reports. One is the at the beginning of the chain of events and the other is at the end:

-Satellite system is added as part of a Solution Landscape in Solution Manager system

-Solution Manager creates EWA session for satellite system

-SDCCN in satellite system picks up EWA session from Solution Manager system using RFC connection

-SDCCN in satellite system collects data for EWA session and sends it back to Solution Manager system using RFC connection

-Solution Manager processes data sent from satellite system and creates a report.

So in this model before a report can be created, a session must be created. I hope that makes it easier to understand. Can you check in the Solution Manager whether the Solution Manager is creatin EWA sessions for the satellite to pick up?

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

got your point

no it is not creating EWA sessions for the satellite system.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

thanks for your reply, I think we're slowly making progress. Have you checked that the satellite system is really part of a Solution Landscape in Solution Manager? It's probably also a good idea to check that EWA has been selected in transaction SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN. There should be a check mark in the column marked "Active"

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

yes it is included in the solution.. and the check mark for active is also there.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DAvid,

Think i was wrong. we got the EWA for one satellite system and it is scheduled for the future date also, but it is not generating automatically.

similarly for another system i have tried the same procedure and not getting any results getting the red flag in DSWP.

Do you know what can be the problem.

Regards,

Tripti

Edited by: Tripti Sharma on Aug 11, 2009 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Red flag in DSWP means, EWA is not generated and it is an error.

check the following

--in Satellite system SDCCN, maintenance package is it executed sucessfully. Under the tab page DONE you can see the tasks which are executed. Check those logs also.

-- check the tablespace free space using the Tcode : DB02.

Revert back if the issue persists

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

i have checked for maintenance package it is executed successfully in satellite system.

regarding the table spaces, checked that too there is one table space which is occupied 90%.

is it a problem?? still checking what the problem is.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

if you're getting the red flag in the Solution Manager, that suggests that the Solution Manager is creating EWA sessions for the satellite, but the satellite is not picking them up. Can you post the contents of table bdl2trans for both Solution Manager and satellite system here? It's possible that there is some problem with the service definitions. Seeing the contents of the tables would help me with that.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tripti,

Why dont u just delete the service definitions and re-import the new ones.

If its a new system and has no user impact bounce

Also check if the BDL task processor and SM:Exec services is running and successfull..

Had the same problem here,, but in my case after a bounce found out that the jobs were running fine but were not being displayed in SM37,, dont ask me how !!!

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Edited by: Kaustubh Krishna on Aug 11, 2009 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi david,

thanks for your reply.

we are able to generate the report manually but it is not generating it automatically.

I will try to re-import the service definitions as said by Krishna.

Regarding the table contents you are asking.. have seen the table contents for satellite system

SAPNETBDL CUSTBDL SAPNET_CHG

BDLCTEXT BDLCTEXT 20070131125937

BDLCTX2EXE BDLCTX2EXE 20080509090000

BDLDIRFUNC BDLDIRFUNC 20040625080022

BDLENDFUNC BDLENDFUNC 20020918163300

BDLERRORS BDLERRORS 20070115122244

BDLEXCEPT BDLEXCEPT 20090312090911

BDLFUGRPS BDLFUGRPS 20090612115322

BDLFUNC BDLFUNC 20090616133342

BDLFUNCMAP BDLFUNCMAP 20090616133342

BDLFUPDEF BDLFUPDEF 20090616133342

BDLFUPEXP BDLFUPEXP 19990101000000

BDLFUPIMP BDLFUPIMP 20090616133342

BDLFUVER2 BDLFUVER2 20020802175000

BDLFUVER3 BDLFUVER3 20090618085022

BDLFUVERS BDLFUVERS 20090616133405

BDLGROUPS BDLGROUPS 20080620145659

BDLREFSERV BDLREFSERV 20080804104350

BDLSADATA BDLSADATA 20090616133342

BDLSAIF BDLSAIF 20090616133342

BDLSERGRPS BDLSERGRPS 20080620145659

BDLSERTRAN BDLSERTRAN 20050530110300

BDLSERVICE BDLSERVICE 20080804104612

BDLST14KEY BDLST14KEY 20010316144009

Will update you more on this.. See if you could find anything with this data.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna!

BDL task and SM EXEC service is running fine.

will try to re import the service definitions again.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tripti,

Also please point ur mouse on the red flag and get the session number , and try to execute it in dsa.

If it is executing then re-schedule the jobs under ,, completely delete and schedule new ones dont copy.

If that session fails mostly its bcz SMSY is not setup properly it could not find the proper SID maintained ... run SMSY_SETUP,, see if Landscape_fetch is running in SM37.

if the reason for failure of the session is something else well we can solve that...

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

I think I'm running out of ideas. If the service definitions are ok on both the Solution Manager and the satellite system (you only posted on set of data from BDL2TRANS) and the /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job is running correctly on the satellite, then it's difficult for me to imagine what the cause of the problem might be, especially if things work when run manually but for some reason don't run automatically. I think my suggestion would be to open a message to SAP on component SV-SMG-SDD and request help from SAP directly. If those colleagues could get access to both the Solution Manager & satellite system, they probably would be able to find the problem more quickly.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your support till now. I will post here what the problem is if i get a solution to that.

Trying to do the things from the start.

Thanks again, i really appreciate your quick responses to my post.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tripti,

If you are done with all that was suggested and you can still get the EWA manually from dsa, but not automatically..

then try the following:

redefine the Maintenance package and refresh sessions and SM:Exec jobs from (Solman) SMSY---> SDCCN and schedule from there.

Change the timings of the jobs under SDCCN..Goto -> Settings -> Task-specific--> Session Data Collection -> Data request -> Settings

-->Periodic session -> Scheduling Start time

Try changing the run times of the jobs may be the satellite is too busy or down...

check the back RFC user auth.. and also auth test the RFCs.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

We have got report on 10 of August. and it is scheduled for 17 Aug. we are waiting to see if it is generating it automatically on the same day or not.

will get back to you if problem persists.

Regards,

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Redefine the service can resolve this problem

Edited by: Xia CHEN on Oct 2, 2009 5:32 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member