cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install MTT 2.0 in SAP NW Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the installation guide of MTT 2.0 it seems that it is possible to install MTT in NW Mobile 7.1: it is not clear if they are talking only about installation on client device. The configuration guide of MTT 2.0 describes server side steps for SAP NW 2.5.

It is possible to install MTT 2.0 on NW Mobile 7.1?

If yes, is there a guide? I read SAP NW Mobile 7.1 Migration Guide but I wan't able to understep wich steps I need to perform (I don't have experience on NW 2.5/7.0).

Could you help me?

Thank you

Regards

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to make a correction to my previous post. MTT2.0 application is supported on NW Mobile 7.1 and you would ofcourse get support for backend BAPI wrappers and the application.

You can refer to page 43 in this PDF which describes about SAP's release strategy.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000847152007E

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

this is a good new, because we are planning to deliver MTT for a large number of users.

I'm facing some errors during configuration of middleware.

According migration guide for NW Mobile 7.1(chapter 5.1b), I created entries in tables MMW_MAPPING and MMWAPPDEST: the entries are described in xMTT configuration guide.

But, beacuse I don't have a mobile 2.5/7.0 to migrate, I wasn't able to run SDOE_MIGRATION for generic sync application (no RFC for MI destination is possible).

So what alse I have to do in the middleware? A SWCV

Thank you.

Regards

Leonardo

0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Are you using SR5 or above of MTT2.0? The reason is that MTT2.0 SR05 and above releases can only be run on NW7.1. Also refer to the SAP note 1092713 to know more details on this and you can also refer to MTT2.0 masterguide available in SMP. Since MTT is a generic sync application you do not have to create a SCV or data objects.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dharani,

I went through all configuration steps and I was finally able to deploy MTR application in my device via synchronization.

I can see the application MTR and MTTRepository in the Information section of Mobile Client (I can also see them in tomcat folder of the client).

But I don't have any link in Home -> Installed Application so I canno't start it.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the application is successfully deployed on the client, (you can check the status of the application on the device admin portal) and still the application link is not visible, that means the USER_AUTHORIZATION data object instances has not reached the device.

Due to this, even though the application got installed, this application will not be visible to that user.

kindly check whether these data object instances are available in the pending extracts of the device.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the above, Check for user details data object instances as well in the pending extract link of your device. Trigger extract to get these instances available in outbound queue of devices and with the next sync the instances should reach your client.

Incase the status shows that SAP basis SWCV is non-operational , then trigger extract will not actually perform any extract.

As a workaround (this should not be a case in productive scenarios), you need to unassign and assign the SAP Basis SWCV again (DMSWCV tab of the device-->Manage SWCV) . After this trigger extract followed by sync should bring these instances to the device.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

I created a new device after executing trigger backend load of "SAP Basis" software component.

I have the following lines in device queue, after execution of trigger extract::

SAP BASIS 7.10 USERDETAILS Waiting DOE_EXT_000_00B_* READY Corresponding DMSWCV is not operational

SAP BASIS 7.10 USER_AUTHORIZATION Waiting DOE_EXT_000_00C_* READY Corresponding DMSWCV is not operational

SAP BASIS 7.10 AGENT_CONFIG Waiting DOE_EXT_000_00K_* Corresponding DMSWCV is not operational

These lines didn't disappear after synchronization from client.

I checked but I have no command to unassign a SWCV in in the "Manage SWCV" screen of device administration.

The checkbox "Operational" is unchecked for SAP Basis.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Leonardo

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The entries are not being removed from this table because the corresponding SWCV is not operational.

And the reason for this is , the Mobile Framework SCA would not have been uploaded to the DOE server.

Kindly upload the framework archive using the SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE transaction.

Regarding the device in question, nothing much can be done now.You can start with creating a new device.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I already uploaded the sca file in DOE using SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE.

I found a workaround following Liji suggestion.

I assign again the SWCV "SAP Basis" to the device and save. In this way the SWCV has become operational.

So with trigger extract I was able to syncronize the client and I finally see the link in mobile client.

Thanks and regards

Leonardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Leornoda,

You can migrate and use MTT2.0 on 7.1 as per the migration guide and MTT will run fine on 7.1. Infact few customers are already using this combination. However please be informed that you would have to maintain the application on your own and there is no application support for MTT on Mobile 7.1. i.e. if you face any issues in the backend BAPI wrappers or client application then you would have to fix it on your own. However all issues with respect data flow and data consistency will be supported from DOE and Mobile 7.1 side.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

xMTT 2.0 will run in the compatibility mode of NW Mobile 7.1. Since it is generic sync it is going to be straightforward to setup the system for xMTT. The application looks the same except for that there is an additional window for the compatibility mode.

Also check this forume link

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

thak you for your reply.

I didn't understand how to import MTT application on Mobile 7.1.

For client side, I can deploy the .sda files supplied in the installation delivery.

But what about server side? Is is enough to create the entry for RFC destinations in MMWMAPPDEST table?

In the NW Mobile 7.1 migration guide I found: "if there are entries in the BWAFMAPP and

MEMAPPDEST tables, you must create the same entries in the in the appropriate tables in

the NetWeaver AS 7.1. "

Regards

Leonardo