cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntex error in saplsfes program

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We have installes BI on Windows 2003, ORacle 10.

We have successfully applied support patches for abap/basis upto 13 BI-Cont :14, BW -16 PI-basis ST-a/PI.

while applying SAPKB70014 nad SAPKA70014 it took morethen 48 hours in MAIN_IMPORT phase and when i tried to open other session while the import is running it gave me error " SYNTAX ERROR IN PROGRAM SAPLSFSE". i can't do anything now..even i can't login to the system.

Please guide me what may be the problem and what is the remedy for it..

Thanks in advance

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Tarak,

Forgot to tell you that before executing tp command from command prompt you have to cancel the already running SPAM.

Thanks,

Rajeev Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tarak,

I even had the same problem in my IDES system, which is on Windows 2003 and Oracle 10.2.0.2.

I went to transport log directory and checked log file "ULOG09_3"and copied the last tp command tp R3I all XI7 pf=
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SAPSID>.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Dwatchparallelprocesses=yes -Dparallel=0 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dcheckmasterlang=no tag=spam -Dtransdir=
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans and executed the same command from command prompt and it worked for me. But advise to take SAP in confidence otherwise if anything goes wrong SAP will not support it.

If any more clarification required please let me.

Thanks,

Rajeev Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First please make sure there in nothing going on with your SPAM. Check the /usr/sap/trans/tmp and /usr/sap/trans/log to verify if system is doing anything.

If not, restart your system once. Log-in to client 000 with DDIC. Go to se14. Check anything with SAPLSFSE and if this is inconsistent you will get an option for recreate the table. after re-creation activate the table and save.

Check if the error is fixed.

Regards

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please login to os level and thenlook in the usr/sap/trans/tmp directory and check that is there any update going on.

If not check the last log updated.

If the logs are being updated you have to wait and check when thee system gets updated.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi for your prompt reply

but i am confused which file to see on OS level

sorry if i am asking any silly question

regards

saitsh