cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am having a Cube in BWproduction system which is already in use and now the client has come with a request to add one more infoobject to that already existing cube.

i already have the data in that cube..so if i want to add a infoobject in Dev and then transport that to the Prd will the data existing will be deleted.

and if i add this field to the Datasource will i have to reinitialize from first like delete the old req and then initialize...any options. plz

thanks

neel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

The deletion of data in production system depends on the nature of infoobject u have to add in the existing infocube.

If the infoobject to be added is a characteristic than you need not to worry about deleting the data, simply u can add it and load the data but you will not have the Historic data for that.

However if you are adding a keyfigure than it is must to delete the data and reload it from scratch.

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the info

so if i am not worried about the past data so no problem but do i need to do the reinit without datatransfer r else with data transfer

my assumption is that if i am not worried about the past data and keep it the way it is

i can just reinit without datatransfer right.

thanks

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neel,

As per my understanding, what you have said is right.

If you don't need past data you need not to go for reinit with data transfer........

Pls correct me Experts if I'm wrong.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neel,

You dont need to do any reinit etc. just continue with your normal loads ensuring that the new infoobject is mapped.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

so even if i add this field in datasource also i don;t need to do the re init right..jus do the replication and carry on with my normal delta loads.

if yes then how this infoobject will be populated

and is this the same even if its a key figure and i am not worried about the past data

any specific steps if this datasource is from Logistics

like clearing the RSA7 and clearing the extraction queue

please i am very confused and worried as its going to be into production system

thanks and regards

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u need to flush the Queues in RSA7 and extraction queue

u need to replicate tha data source which u hav customized in to bw. here u need to populate the new objects in bw which u hav added in r/3 and populate them into communication structure.

AS of my knowledge when ur customizing ur data source means u need to delete al the data and reload it after customizing...

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shreya,

do u mean to say i need to run my infopackage so as to empty the RSA7 and then delete the data in my cube and then do a fresh reinit.

this is if i change my Datasource right.

thanks

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

as u are enhancing the datasource for this added field,it better that u re-init the cube after deleting data in it.

also..could use 'loop back process' from Dinesh's document.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishvesh

if i am going to use the loopback process then if i jus do the init without datatransfer will be enough right

becoz i don;t need the data as iam going to get it from loop back if yes

can u tell me do i need to first do the reinit without datatransfer and do the loop back

or else first the loop back and then do the reinit without datatransfer

thanks and regards

neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel

If you do NOT need historical data then do INIT WITHOUT DATA TRABSFER.

IF you NEED historical data then re-init with DATA

hope this helps

Regards

Pradip

(Friends : Do not forget to assign points!!)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neel,

please refer to the following:

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neel,

take a look following doc by Dinesh

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f421c86c-0801-0010-e88c-a07...

if it's a key figure to be added, you need to delete teh entire contents and reload.

if it's a characteristic, you can add it and make changes in the infosource/update rules to populate it.

But you won't have history data for this char.

Hope this helps..

thanks,