Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After creating sales invoice the accounting entries is shown as below

Customer A/c Dr 1000

Sales Receivavle A/c Cr 700

Freight A/c cr 100

Insurance A/c Cr 200

So in this case the total receivlable is Rs 1000.

Now the requirement is accounting entry should show like this

Cutomer A/c Dr 1000

Total Receivalble cr 1000 ( 700100200)

In PP when i assign account key for total Value field( which is not a condition typs) then also my requirement is not fullfilling.

So can anyone tell me how to achive this ?

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In PP when i assign account key for total Value field( which is not a condition typs) then also my requirement is not fullfilling.

This is SAP basics

For any value to reflect in accounts that value has to come through a condition type and not thro total Value field as you mentioned

The total value fields which are not condition types in pricing procedure even if you assign an account key the value will not reach accounts So the system behaviour is correct

Coming to your requirement

In PP for total Value field assign subtotal as D so the value Rs 1000 will be stored in subtotal

After this assign a zee condition type next to total value field with this settings Condition class as A , Calculation type as G, Manual entries as C, Item conditions to be ticked and Plus/Minus as Blank and rest all as blank in the zee condition types configuration and place this Zee condition type in the step next to total value field and assign alternate calculation type as 12 for this ZEE condition type in your PP and assign your account key here

Now in the total value field thro this subtotal D the value of 1000 which is calculated and this 1000 is put in to Zee condition type thro alternate calculation type 12

The value of Zee condition type is or becomes 1000 and a account key is assigned and that will flow into accounts (subtotal and alternate calculation type are important here they only bring that 1000 to Zee condition type)

Rest all condition types make them as statistical so they will not hit accounts Through this you can definately achieve your requirement Make the settings for Zee condition type as suggested

Same thing i did recently Please reply back as your feedback is very valuable for me

I have given you the 100 % perfect suggestion to achieve your requirement

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanathan,,

Thanks for the reply.As per your suggestion i have configured the PP. Now at the time of creating sales order the new step is taking the total value.But now i am facing one problem.

1. System is asking the Net Value and due to that the net value field in Doc currency is showing blank(Zero Value).

Regards

Debasish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I am getting your reason problem now

Sales Receivavle A/c Cr 700

Freight A/c cr 100

Insurance A/c Cr 200

These values come from condition types as per my earlier suggestion you have marked them as statistical

These condition types dont mark them statistical and dont make them either mandatory, manual or statistical (dont tick all three) and dont assign any account keys with these condition types

Step 40 will the total value field with value 1000 with subtotal D

Step 50 will be your ZEE condition type with alternate calcualation type 12 and the value for this condition type will be 1000

Since we made statistical the first three condition types that 1000 has not been put into nett value field ( i think so)

Try this now Similar scenario i handled in my recent project this can be handled thro some trial and error method in your PP

But definately achievable

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanathan,

Again Thanks for the suggestion.Now after changing in PP i can create sales order in which net value is coming.But after saving the invoice the system does not create any accounting doc.The reason is now i have unchecked statistical box in PP for my 3 condition types and also i have not maintained any account key for these condition types.Now in VKOA the system tries to get the respective G/l Account for these 3 condition types which has not been maintained (in VKOA).

But the system is sucessfully getting the G/L account for my zee condition types.

So can you pls suggest what further configuration is needed?

Regards

Debasish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta

After your post i tested this once again

The first suggestioin is correct

First three condition types you need to make them statistical and go by the first suggestion only

In the document say the first three condition types are statistical and so the nett value doesnot include their values But the fouth step you have the total value field which is Rs 1000 and that is copied in the zee condition type so the Zee condition types value is 1000

So the nett value of the document is 1000 (the value of the zee condition type) and not zero but you replied for my first suggestion that the system has sensed the document value is zero which actually is wrong

The first suggestion is correct and in that document value should be rs1000 and if in your system is sensing as zero then we are missing something somewhere

I repeat the first suggestion is correct because i tested it once again in my test server and go by that only

1. System is asking the Net Value and due to that the net value field in Doc currency is showing blank(Zero Value). if this is happening means we are something somewhere we will see with fresh minds tomorrow

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 6, 2009 7:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanathan,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.Your first suggestion was 100% correct.

Now the system is generating accounting entry as per my requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Debasish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your reply gives a lot of satisfaction as my suggestion has helped in a real time issue

But to get this for me it took about 2 days ( working only in the pricing screen really worked very hard to get this)

I can understand how much you also would have broken your head to get this output

When we finally get the outcome what we require that gives us lot of satisfaction and hence SAP is very exciting to work with

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)