cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get alerts for BPM messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have scenario JDBC to R/3 wherein i use BPM too.

I have configured alert rules for JDBC,R/3 and BPM messages separately.

BUt when BPM fails iam not recieving any alerts via email.

Please let me know as how to proceed further.

regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you used the container block in BPM and assocaited the Alert category there ?

If not need to assocaite thealert category created in the BPM process ...

If you are on PI7.1 Alert categories can be created on the fly of BPM...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

First you can configure the Alert on Tx ALRTCATDEF. and you define who received your alerts..

for more information plase click oon this blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get alerts in BPM:

Include a Block step in your BPM and insert the step, on which you want to make a check, into the block. Include a Exception or Deadline Branch in the Block (right-click on the block and choose the option from Insert).

In the Deadline/ Exception branch include the Control Step with Action as Throw Alert.

This will ensure that you get an alert if something goes wrong in the execution of the Step present in the Block.

Do not forget to include an Exception handler in the Block, Exception Block and the System Error of the Step.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the following blog.. It might help you:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Regards,

Sachi

0 Kudos

Hi,

in BPM if you want to throw an alert, that can be done using the Deadlin Banch, in which we have to insert the Control Step, in which we get three options like:

1. Cancel Process

2. Throw Exception

3. Throw Alert

there we have to choose Throw Alert, by which it will prompt you to assign Alert Category and Alert Message.

Regards

Venkat.