Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA on dedicated client or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have CUA under Solution Manager productive client. But we can't decide if this is correct or not. Because SOLMAN is a productive system with other scenarios (service desk, etc) we don't know if this mixing (CUA and Service desk) is correct. As we search in (manuals, notes, forums) we didn't found any specifi answer if CUA client must be in a standalone client and why.

According to "SAP Help" you must install CUA technology in different standalone client. But we can't find restrictions or implact if we mix the CUA with another CLIENT in landscape.

Of course, if install CUA in dedicated client, then you have one more step in the complexity. And we don't know if this complexity can help us somewhere.

Does anyone have an idea on that?

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first thing that comes to mind is that if you have a dedicated client for your CUA your security gets better by giving only a few people acces to this client. That closes a lot of backdoors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok yes i agree, but in our company we have full implemented roles and authorizations for all users in our landscape. And because we are under "SOX" policy we have lot of restrictions in authorizations objects.

So, technically speaking i agree to migrate CUA in dedicated client, but i need help to persuade our technical management team for the real advantages of increasing complexity in our landscape.

Thanks,