cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After unarchive a repository, the auto import is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've met a problem when I archived a repository and unarchive it using another repository name:

I can login to it by Console, and Data manager, etc. But when I put a input file to the Ready folder of its port, the file is not processed by the Import Server. On the other hand, all the other repositories on that server remain fine and the auto-import is normal.

Could any one tell me if there is any other Config shold be done to make the import work?

PS: still the 5.5 version, not 7.1.

Thanks,

Angela

Edited by: Angela Zhang on Aug 6, 2009 9:09 AM

Edited by: Angela Zhang on Aug 6, 2009 9:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Did you change the Admin Password for this new repository in the MDIS.ini file?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Minaz,

I didn't change the Admin password....Do I need to? Then should I give it a password randomly? If so, should I change the password firstly in the MDS.ini?

Thanks....

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Yes you need to give any password for Admin ifor your new repository in MDIS.ini but not in MDS.ini.

Once you change the passord there, and restart the server, it will get automatically reflected in your console also.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I changed the password for the new repository in MDIS.ini, and re-started the import server. The auto import works now.

But I'm now a little confused. See we have several password now: Admin password using to login via Console and Data manager, and there is another password in MDS.ini. And it seems that the password used in MDIS.ini has nothing to do with the above two.....could you tell me why....

Many Thanks,

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Keep the same password in MDIS.ini as well as in console->User->Password.

This should work for Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator also.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

You can specify any user in MDIS.ini which is the part of your repository. The main goal of passing user credentials in MDIS.ini is only for the purpose of authtication.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talreja and Minaz,

I think I get your poin that techinical, the repository's console password and MDIS password doesn't have to be the same.

Thank you so much for the detailed explains!

B. R.

Angela Zhang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

If you are using any password for Admin user then same needs to be mentioned in MDIS.ini file. Check the below steps

1. Open MDIS.ini file located in <MDM Insallation directory>/Import Server

2. Navigate to your repository section

3. Remove the character 'E' from the entry PasswordE

4. Write the password of Admin user i.e. Password = abc

5. Restart the Import Server once and check the same password entry, it should get converted to PasswordE and the value should be some characters.

6. Now check the Auto Import

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja