Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Value Selector + Drop Down Key

ravi_shankar43
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our application we are using drop down key to display city / town values for the selected states.

If the state selected is( for example ) - Andhra, Karnataka, Gujara, Maharashtra or Tamilnadu, these have lot of cities more than 60.

If i select these states then the Extended Value selector is coming and it will populate the cities. From that we can pick any one.

It is working fine internally if we access the application.

This application is being accessed through internet all over India.

When the users try to select the city for the mentioned states where city list is huge, the Extended Value Selector is not Populating it is showing the processing (round) icon. The application hangs. They could not able to select the city and they could not able to use the application further.

Two days before only we migrated this application to NW 7.1 previously this application was working fine in NW 7.0.

But if the same application is used through IE 7.0 or Mozila Firefox the extended value selector is populating values and it is working fine through Internet also..

It is not possible for us to tell all users all over India to switch to IE 7.0 or Mozila Firefox....

Please give us solution to resolve this issue in IE 6.0

Thanks a lot and Best Regards

K Ravi Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ravi_shankar43
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually i got the solution by following the Link, how to set the default values for the DropDownList Box

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/43/8a1a8ece230c8ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

It will be very useful for us...

Thanks & Regards

K Ravi Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like a browser related problem. In most cases, the user could be getting a Javascript error I presume.

Try a workaround like Input boxes. This should work regardless of IE 6 or IE 7.

Thanks

Avik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the City field instead of using a Drop Down By Key, why don't you use an Input Field, if you do so that way, your input field will be enhanced with value help button on the right of the field and gives you functionality to serach / sort the list of values.

When the number of options to select is greater than 20-30 Drop Down By Key becomes slow or gives this kind of problems, and will be better to user the Input Field.

You will still use the same context attribute you used in your drop down(lets call it "City"). And logically you used ISimpleTypeModifiable and IModifiableSimpleValueSet to put the values of your cities to that "City" context attribute. Ok?

Try it out and tell me if that worked out for you.

Cheers

JV

Edited by: Jesus Valencia on Aug 6, 2009 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are sure of what you have said like, the application is working fine in IE7.0 and not in IE6.0. Then it might be a bug.

So raise a note to SAP and see if they could release a patch which will provide a solution for it.

Regards

Raghu