cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML pay load for RFC call in java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched in many forums about the payload to be given for RFC Lookup from a functional module,but i think i am not able to get it correct.

Can any one please give me the exact structure of XML Payload to be sent while invoking the function module via RFC LOOKUP

Say i have 2 import parameters(input1,input2) and one output(output1)......

Thanks in advance,

H.L.Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved..

The standard structure can be seen after you import the RFC into PI as an IMPORT..

Then in java mapping you can design the XML structure exactly with modifications(FOR import and export) and hit a RFC look up.

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to pass your parameters using methods(set/get) in lookup. For instance request.setContent(inputparam), response.getContent(); These methods used to set and get parameter varaibles.

Refer this blow for example code:

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Regards,

Prasanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lookup does not pass the entire payload. It just pass a single value and retrieves data based on that value. You don't really have to take care about how the value is sent. You just need to pass that value in UDF where code for lookup is present.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I searched in many forums about the payload to be given for RFC Lookup from a functional module,but i think i am not able to get it correct.

>

> Can any one please give me the exact structure of XML Payload to be sent while invoking the function module via RFC LOOKUP

>

> Say i have 2 import parameters(input1,input2) and one output(output1)......

>

> Thanks in advance,

> H.L.Babu

have a look at this document - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1b439&overrid...

in case u still have issues do get back