Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local client copy is ending with "Post Processing Required"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've done a local client copy an it is ending with "Post Processing Required",

/SCMB/DF_GENERATE_CLIENT_COPY SCM-BAS-DF Post-Processing Required.

So i looked at the note 797321

-

Symptom

The client copy ends with error message:

/SCMB/DF_GENERATE_CLIENT_COPY SCM-BAS-DF Error in application exit

Other terms

Cross-system and cross-partner document flow

Solution

You can ignore the error message.

Implement the source code corrections according to the attached correction instructions. After you implemented the correction, the error message does not occur anymore.

-

This note says that the affected release is PI_BASIS 2005.1 2005_1_620 2005_1_620

But i have PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 0004 SAPKIPYM04 in my system.

Can i ignore this error? is the client copy done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note 797321 is not applicable to you as you are at higher patch level so the correction is included in your system.

Please post the logs as if itis giving that post processing is required you have to do some step as mentioned in the logs like goto se11 and activat the fnction module.

Please check this Note

Note 1108413 - Client copy or import of service pack for PI-BASIS fails

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the log, pasting the error line

" Validation/substitution: Programs should be regenerated"

"To prevent potential errors, generate the coding for your validations, substitutions and rules. Upon completion of the client copy, run report RGUGBR00 in the target client. When you do so, select the following parameters:"

"Generate rules"

"Generate validations"

"Generate substitutions"

"Generate sets"

"Generate rule usage"

"Generate validation usage"

"Generate substitution usage"

I have carried out the above step as well, and followed the instructions as per the note 1108413, i.e. i have deleted the 'GI' entry directly from the database tables /SCMB/DF_D_TYPE, /SCMB/DF_D_TYPEG, /SCMB/DF_D_TYPET.

Then i have come out of the system and logged in again, executed SCC3 and still i see the error "Post-Processing Required"

Kindly let me know how to get rid of this, because i want to see the client copy in a successfully finished state.

Answers (0)