Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA30 not exist in Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How position base security will work in Solman CUA system ,i don't see pa30 in solman to maintain persopnal no's in 105 infotype?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you create normal roles and assign them through SU01.

PA30 does not exist since Solman is based on CRM and not ECC.

/fredrik

0 Kudos

he was asking position based ...

you can maintain the organisational structure using PPOM*, which you can distribute across the CUA landscape using change-pointers. you would have to assign the roles to the position (by creating composite roles that include the respective roles you RFC-iimported from the child-systems).

there's a white-paper around somewhere in SDN on the how-to. you might want to search for it, it makes an insteresting read.

of course, if you are used to maintain persons and attach them to positions, you cannot do that centrally from the SolMan (or maybe i simply do not know about a way to do so), since you don't have any major HR-functionality (PA*), so maintenance of that relationship has to be in the child systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information ,i am not clear how to provision users in CUA for position base security , we are using GRC for user provising for role base , did GRC support position base security too?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Srikanth,

GRC itself doesnt support the User Management, but can integrate with CUA or IDM.

Regards,

Ajesh Raju.

Edited by: Ajesh Raju Pujari on Aug 12, 2009 3:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using CUA and GRC-CUP simultaneously?

Former Member
0 Kudos

AJesh,

We are using IDM for user provisioning and also using GRC access enforces for role assignments ,we are plan to implement position base security for one systems this is also part of same CUA ,is this posible to have both rolebase security and position base security in one CUA and does IDM or GRC support position base security?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Srikanth,

I dont know much about CUA. As per Mylene you can user Position Based Security with CUA.

You can definitely use with IDM, you need to customize it by pulling the position data to IDM and then assigning the Security to the user based on postition along with rolebased security.

Regards,

Ajesh Raju.