cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up inspection point in a scenario require more than one inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Maybe I am still not very clear on the PP-QM conceptu2026 hope you can see my problem on the following questionu2026..

According to SAP in the QM-production environment, we key in ONE inspection point in the task list header level (i.e. either the master recipe, routing, or rate of routing).

Based on the following business scenario which is going to use inspection point for the inspection:

u2022 Time-based intervals (for example, an inspection point every hour or for each work shift)

u2022 Quantity-based intervals (for example, an inspection point for each container)

u2022 Freely-defined intervals (for example, an inspection point each time a tool change occurs)

Since each of the above scenarios require more than one inspection points to be created and to be assigned to the task list header.

Thus, how to accomplish multiple inspection point assignment when the task-list header only allow me to assign one inspection point at a time?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

By multiple inspection point it doesnt mean multiple inspection point types. It only means you can create n number of inspection point one inspection lot

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Gajesh Sir.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me add what Gajesh has already explained.

There is seems to be confusion about Inspection point definition may be;

What you have mentioned are Identifiers of Inspection type:

-   Time-based intervals (for example, an inspection point every hour or for each work shift)

-   Quantity-based intervals (for example, an inspection point for each container)

-    Freely-defined intervals (for example, an inspection point each time a tool change occurs)

Additionally following parameter IDs correspond to the following inspection point types:

Parameter ID Inspection point type

QB1 Equipment

QB2 Functional location

QB3 Physical sample

QBK Production

Means you can add/identify only one identifier in task list header but you can create multiple Inspection points based on sample drawing procedure or manually based on customization & master data.

Hope this will make it more clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i am clear about your requirement, you want to assign multiple inspection points at operation e.g(20) like density is checked at inspection point 'A'. following you can do.

Assign your multiple inspection points to an operation in the 'info field1' and in the inspection point identifier, in header you can use 110. Whenever you go for result recording give any precise description to identifier which better fits you. so that you can record results for each inspection point in one go for which you want result recording in different date,time,quantity etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks. However, in the SAP help portal it does said the system allows several inspection points to be assigned to an inspection operation whether it is in routing or recipe.

Therefore, does it means I can assign more than one inspection points in the operation detail level for either recipe or routing if I will to click the u201CNo relationu201D radio button in the u201CQuality Management: Inspection Pointu201D section. (i.e. is this is the right place to allows this assignment)?

For example, on the change master recipe screen at the Operation tab, I highlight one line item (i.e. one operation line item and zoom into this operation line item, I donu2019t see any field box that allow me to assign several inspection points to an operation? Instead, on the u201CQuality Management: Inspection Pointu201D section, there are the following fields appear:

- Insp.pointCompletion dropdown box

- 4 radio buttons on the inspection interval (ie. Time-related, Qty-related, No-relation) and its subseq time and quantity value input box.

- Quan.pt. lot checkbox

- Last Part Lot Assgmt checkbox

Thus, where is the section in the operation overview screen at Master Recipe or Routing level that I can assign several inspection points?

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cant assign multiple inspection Point in Task list Header.

If you want all things together then you have to customize new Inspection Point.

You define IMG- Quality Management - Quality Planning - Inspection Planning - General - Define Identifier for Inspection Points

But only thing is during result recording you have to fill up all Insp points fields. You can't leave blank.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yong ,

As ganesh said u can assign any one inspection points in the header data. But in your case what you can do is that first modify free inspection point in the configuration . In tthis inspection point add container no , date and shift .

So that you can use it for all purposes

Amol

Edited by: amol shahane on Aug 6, 2009 11:32 AM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

You can have only one inspection point at the header. So you have to first decide the process whether it is time based or quatity based or Freely defined. You cannot define multiple inspection point in the header.

Please let me know your doubts

Regards

Gajesh