cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC 4.0 - installing on a server with no SAP instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

as part of a hardware migration, I want to re-install IPC 4.0.

Currently IPC resides on the same server as our SRM4.0 system.

In the new setup IPC will reside on its own server with no other SAP installations (and therefore no SAP gateway).

I am trying to test this scenario by connecting to our current test system, but the RFC connections to IPC from SM59 don't work.

Does anyone know a way of making this work?

I presume I could install a standalone SAP gateway on the same server as IPC, but I would like to know if there are other options?

I've tried adjusting the dispatcher.properties file, but SM59 connection still doesn't work, so either I haven't created the right entries or I am on the wrong track.

Regards...John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here are the settings from my dispatcher.properties file:

rfcEnabled=true

rfcGateway=10.xxx.xx.xxx:3301 (I've amended the actual ip address)

rfcDispatcherProgId=IPC_RFC_DISPATCHER

rfcServerCount=1

rfcServerProgIdPrefix=IPC_RFC_SERVER_

and here's the error I see in my IPCDispError.log:

Aug 6, 2009 12:00:18 PM com.sap.sxe.log.log_api.SXE.ModuleMgr [main] Debug: Couldn't determine location of command GetPatchInfo in module SYSTEM

Aug 6, 2009 12:00:18 PM ....socket.server.dispatcher.RegisterMgr [main] Info: Contacting basis system

Aug 6, 2009 12:00:18 PM ....socket.server.dispatcher.GatewayInfo [main] Fatal: Dispatcher is configured to use active IPC dat

abase, but no database has been maintained. Please use the Administator UI to maintain a database.

Aug 6, 2009 12:00:18 PM ....socket.server.dispatcher.GatewayInfo [main] Fatal: No RFC connection available! Couldn't find out

how to ask a SAP system for my RFC gateways. RFC support disabled.

Aug 6, 2009 12:00:18 PM ....socket.server.dispatcher.RegisterMgr [main] Info: Dispatcher settings:

Try 1000 ms to ping an IPC server.

Don't contact IPC servers the next 20000 ms after a ping.

Use normal load balancing without any specialized servers.

Specialized servers are generalized to replace dead ones.

Load one leaves a server alone for 45000 msec.

RFC support is disabled.

Don't send mail about servers that are down.

regards...John