cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From where system will copy the usage during the item category determinatio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know where we assign usage other than in CMIR?

If we do not assign it anywhere other than CMIR, then how and from where system will copy the usage to determine item category during the order or delivery processing.

Say for ex item category determination is as follows:

ORNORMTEXT=TATX

And I have put only one line item i.e. text material alone (did not put any other material) in order and there is no CMIR is maintaind for the customer & material. In this case can anyone please tell me how system will determine the item category as TATX in order.

Thanks in advance,

JM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Item category usages control the usage of an item. Item category usage controls, for example, the system response if during document processing an item does not refer to a material but to a text item.

It is maintained in SPRO- SD- SALES- SALES DOC- SALES DOC ITEM- DEFINE ITEM CAT USAGE.

Here you define your item category usage and use it while assigning item category.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

JM,

some times Item usage is the ABAP programs, and in item category determination we sometimes called this, for specific item category determination. we can also define Item category usage Spro --> Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Item --> Define Item Category Usage.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The USUAGE will be copied from the CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO RECORD ,

If you maintain the CMIR for your material and the Customer combination then while determining the ITEM CATEGORY this will picked up.

Hope it is clear,

Please revert back if u need further clarification

santosh