Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New movement type

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to create new movement type with ref to 101. Can you suggest me what step I need to follow?

I have already tried here,

SPRO IMG>Materials Management>Inventory Management & Physical Inventory>Movement Types>Copy,change Movement Types.

I entered from Mov type 101 & to mov type z01 but some how system is doing this. I am not getting new mov type Z01 here.

Tom.

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Aug 6, 2009 12:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

define new movement types as follows:

1. Once you have carried out the activity, the system displays a dialog box for field selection. In this, you can restrict the movement types you work with to various fields. To copy a movement type, select the field Movement type and choose Continue. The dialog box Define work area appears.

2. In the dialog box Define work area, enter the movement type you want to copy in the From: field. In the To: field, enter the name of the new movement type you want to create. To go to the overview of the selected movement types, choose Continue.

3. Select the movement type you want to copy, and choose Edit -> Copy as.

Overwrite the selected movement type with the new movement type (beginning with 9, X, Y, or Z) and copy all dependent entries.

The system copies all control indicators from the reference movement type to the new movement type.

4. Check all views for the new movement type and, if necessary, change the control indicators. Please note that some views have a detail screen.

5. Copy the reversal movement type and enter it in the view Reversal/follow-on movement types.

6. Save your settings

Regards

Sujit

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> 3. Select the movement type you want to copy, and choose Edit -> Copy as.

> Overwrite the selected movement type with the new movement type (beginning with 9, X, Y, or Z) and copy all dependent entries.

> The system copies all control indicators from the reference movement type to the new movement type.

>

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for reply.

When I tried to follow your suggested mentioned step to create mov type then getting following error message. FYI - I have copy 101 to Z01.

Specify the key within the work area

Message no. SV033

Diagnosis

You have attempted to create an entry whose key is not in the range defined for this area.

System Response

The entry cannot be created.

Procedure

Please check your entry.

Please suggest what to do to avoid error.

Tom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error occure if name suggest by you is is already exists in the omjj.select new name & chaek.

This error also occure when you try to append/create the Allowed transactions for the new mvt type you want to create.

don't enter anything in allowed trnsaction in create mode.exit from the same screen.

Your problem will be solved.

Regards

Sujit

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for reply. Here I am sure that entered new mov. type is not exist in OMJJ. This is brand new name for system. but still I am getting same error.

Let me explain from first what I am doing here.

Step 1: T-code: OMJJ. Getting pop-up of Field selection.

Step - 2: Selected mov. type check box & continue. Getting pop-up of Define work area.

step-3: Entered From = 101 & To = Z01 (This new mov type not exist in OMJJ). Continue.

step-4: Getting screen with name - "change view movement type: Details" with "design structure" menu. Here mov type '101' come as default.

step-5: Click on copy-as icon. mov type field become enable. Here in place of 101 mov type entered new mov type Z01 & enter.

step-6: Getting error message - "Specify the key within the work area".

Please let me know what is wrong from my side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

I still believe it is working.

click on copy as (f6)

When you enter in to screen as you said its showing the 101 mvt.Now replace it with say ZQ1

Then system will give msg:copy all enteries" or copy one entry.

System will copy all enteries .........

save

Regards

Sujit

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am doing same Sujit, what you suggested but some how still I am getting same error message. Let me do some more exercise will let you know what doing here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OMJJ Trxn and in the main Screen Enter

Workarea ( Nothing but Client )

Movement type

New Movement type

Press Enter...

then Follow what system says..

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manohar,

Once I execute transaction OMJJ then I get one pop-up with name Field selection. Here as per you suggestion do I need to select check-box - "client & mov. type" both?

Please correct if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , You need to Select

The Client and the Standard Mvt type you want to copy and also you can give Z* Mvt type you want to Name it..

Define new movement types as follows:

1. Once you have carried out the activity, the system displays a dialog

box for field selection. In this, you can restrict the movement

types you work with to various fields. To copy a movement type,

select the field Movement type and choose Continue. The dialog box

Define work area appears.

2. In the dialog box Define work area, enter the movement type you want

to copy in the From: field. In the To: field, enter the name of the

new movement type you want to create. To go to the overview of the

selected movement types, choose Continue.

3. Select the movement type you want to copy, and choose Edit -> Copy

as.

Overwrite the selected movement type with the new movement type

(beginning with 9, X, Y, or Z) and copy all dependent entries.

The system copies all control indicators from the reference movement

type to the new movement type.

4. Check all views for the new movement type and, if necessary, change

the control indicators. Please note that some views have a detail

screen.

5. Copy the reversal movement type and enter it in the view

Reversal/follow-on movement types.

6. Save your settings.

and also

1. Ensure that you are creating the Mvt type in the correct way. In Tcode OMJJ, in the screen "Determine Work Area", enter 101 in the From Field and do not enter anything in the To field. If you enter your new Mvt type here, it will throw the error stated by you.

After pressing enter, press F6 and then give the new Mvt type in the Mvt type field.

Edited by: Manohar Raju Kanchanapally on Aug 13, 2009 8:57 AM

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manohar,

Your explanation is really gud, but still I am not able to create new mov. type. I guess there should be some wrong in our system, I will check & come back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been any progress on this issue? I am facing the exact same issue. I have executed all the steps as described before but still get the error message about the work area. I am also thinking this may be a system error but perhaps you have a solution/cause in the mean time.

Kind regards.

Piet-Jan

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am still hanging on at same place........

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw this same error message. It's because in the Dialog Box, you did not specify the entire range (including the new movement type). In the Dialog Box, From: field and To: field, you need to specify the entire movement type range. For example, if I want to copy movement type 101 and name the copy 901, enter the following:

To: 999

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

We also experienced this exact error message on some of the training systems when we tried creating a new movement type from an existing MvT.

After doing some more testing, the workaround that we were able to find is that the From: field should be left blank (if that didnt work, try leaving both the From: and To: field blank). After doing so, the list of available MvTs should show up, select that, copy as and then change the new movement type name.

Hope that helps

Leonard

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You resolved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leonard,

Thanks for the solution you have provided.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers (0)